2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Marc.W

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Seerix wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 18:09
Reprimand for Lando for crossing pit entry line, looks like no other penalty.
Common sense prevailed

Emag

Only 4 points against Ferrari here really hurts. Could have been 10+

Especially now that after Turkey they will both get the upgraded engine. This will be tough. But if karma exists, we are due a good race after this one :P
Last edited by Emag on 26 Sep 2021, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

diffuser

Macklaren wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 16:55
ferrarifire wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 16:15
Ferrari took similiar gamble like Norris by not pitting Lecrec...he was behind Ves till the rain came...defentely ferrari is not lucky considering the circumstances
Macklaren wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 16:09
I have no words...

Actually I do...Team Ferrari need to buy a lottery ticket after each race. They will be fully funded for next year

Also the team know that they cost Lando a win by not overruling him. Both the team and Lando will come back stronger. Also need to give the team kudos for their excellent strategy for the first 50 laps of the race.
Maybe...but the net result is Ferrari got a P3 vs. McL P4/P7 when about 1/3rd through the race McLaren were P1/P2 on merit and the Ferraris were out of the points because they got the strategy calls wrong + LEC's grid penalty. The rain was unquestionably lucky for Ferrari.
So when Ferrari make a bad stregy call McLaren do it on merit but when McLaren make a bad strategy call Ferrari is lucky?

Emag

diffuser wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 18:38
Macklaren wrote:
ferrarifire wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 16:15
Ferrari took similiar gamble like Norris by not pitting Lecrec...he was behind Ves till the rain came...defentely ferrari is not lucky considering the circumstances

Maybe...but the net result is Ferrari got a P3 vs. McL P4/P7 when about 1/3rd through the race McLaren were P1/P2 on merit and the Ferraris were out of the points because they got the strategy calls wrong + LEC's grid penalty. The rain was unquestionably lucky for Ferrari.
So when Ferrari make a bad stregy call McLaren do it on merit but when McLaren make a bad strategy call Ferrari is lucky?
I mean, the rain coming down in the last 5 laps of the race is unlucky no matter how you look at it. The team not making the right call is another mater. But the fact that it rained right at the end, just to bring chaos everywhere when we were looking to get an easy win, that's definitely unlucky.

CjC
CjC

Does this lost win balance us all out from the one Ferrari lost in Monaco?
Just a fan's point of view

diffuser

CjC wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 18:59
Many people say stuff like "do the right thing cause in the end you'll get your due". Makes it sound like there is someone keeping score. The reality is there may or may not be someone keeping score. If there is someone keeping core you don't know if keeping things even is part of his agenda.

saputra_25

car and drive performance are great (able to keep Mercedes behind), but both pit wall and driver call (on late inter tyre) make us the biggest looser (in terms of taking the opportunity to win the race). So sad, that's really hearth breaking. Hopefully Turkey will be better for us.

I was hoping to start my Monday in a good mood (another win for Mclaren), but this loss is really ruined my day, LoL

the EDGE

CjC wrote:
No, spa did that

This one hurts

CjC
CjC

the EDGE wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 19:36
CjC wrote:
No, spa did that

This one hurts
Yes

And yes it does😔
Imagine how we’d feel if Dan didn’t manage to win in Monza🙏🏻
Just a fan's point of view

Emag

Just looking at the gaps on lap 48. 40s to Perez. Lando was flying today. Had enough pace to keep up with Hamilton. It's so painful man. Going to take a while to move on from this.

But on the other hand, the progress this team has made is definitely there for everyone to see. There were times when getting into the points was considered a good result for us. Now we are disappointed for missing on a race win. And it wouldn't even have been a fluke win, like Gasly's victory last year. It would have been a proper win.

That's definetly a huge positive to take.

the EDGE

Emag wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 19:55
Yes, plenty of Positives, what’s more I had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon of F1 entertainment

Still hurts now though 🤣

But seriously, Lando’s got an amazing future ahead of him and I’m sure there’s plenty of highs to come

Macklaren

Emag wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 18:40
diffuser wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 18:38
Macklaren wrote:

I mean, the rain coming down in the last 5 laps of the race is unlucky no matter how you look at it. The team not making the right call is another mater. But the fact that it rained right at the end, just to bring chaos everywhere when we were looking to get an easy win, that's definitely unlucky.
EXACTLY THIS

djos

Oooof, gutted for Lando, he was doing such an incredible job till the heavens opened.

Solid drive by Daniel, his tires were shot at the end so the rain was perfect timing for him. I was really hoping he could grab a podium, unfortunately that slow pit stop killed that possibility.
"In downforce we trust"

diffuser

the EDGE wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 20:20
Emag wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 19:55
Yes, plenty of Positives, what’s more I had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon of F1 entertainment

Still hurts now though 🤣

But seriously, Lando’s got an amazing future ahead of him and I’m sure there’s plenty of highs to come
Alot of hurt today. Perez and Alonso too... What's really sad about this one is usually rain gives the guys that don't usually get a chance, a chance at being on the podium. This one ended just looked like any other race, Hamilton/Verstappen (in no particular order) one-two.

Rodak

diffuser wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 19:21
CjC wrote:
Many people say stuff like "do the right thing cause in the end you'll get your due". Makes it sound like there is someone keeping score. The reality is there may or may not be someone keeping score. If there is someone keeping core you don't know if keeping things even is part of his agenda.
It's not some Karmic balance thing, it's percentages. Things happen, you respond in what you think is your best way. You're right or you're wrong. The results don't accumulate to some final total.