2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
blastdoman

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Ferrari is quicker than us :(

CjC
CjC

Bottas will take points away from Mclaren now and follow the Ferraris home just to compound our misery
Just a fan's point of view

Emag

Honestly, Ferrari had the same limitations. They were stuck with a concept that did not work well at all last year, and they turned it into a very competitive car while being heavily restricted on what they could change. I don't like excuses. The truth is Ferrari managed to build a much more consistent car than McLaren. Not only that, but they have severely out-developed McLaren throughout the season. Remember the tire issues Ferrari had mid-point in the season? They fixed that, and not only did they fix that issue, they did it while continuously improving their car.

Ferrari deserves 3rd this year. If we get it now, it will be because of luck. And I don't see luck favoring McLaren that much.

ScottR267

Darth-Piekus wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 21:36
Emag have in mind though that Mclaren wasn't allowed to develop the car as they wanted as they had restrictions not to mention Ferrari has double our budget. Who knows how much faster our car would be had we been let to develop it as we wanted.
And if we had the top 3 engineers from each of the big 2 we could’ve been further ahead. All ifs, buts and maybes! Can only concentrate on what you can effect.

CjC
CjC

Emag wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 21:40
Honestly, Ferrari had the same limitations. They were stuck with a concept that did not work well at all last year, and they turned it into a very competitive car while being heavily restricted on what they could change. I don't like excuses. The truth is Ferrari managed to build a much more consistent car than McLaren. Not only that, but they have severely out-developed McLaren throughout the season. Remember the tire issues Ferrari had mid-point in the season? They fixed that, and not only did they fix that issue, they did it while continuously improving their car.

Ferrari deserves 3rd this year. If we get it now, it will be because of luck. And I don't see luck favoring McLaren that much.
Think Mclaren used all of their luck up last season to snatch P3

Xero

Emag wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 21:40
And we shouldn't be too disappointed. We've fought them hard, improved yet again, secured a 1-2. 4th place would benefit McLaren with extra development time. Positives either way it finishes.

Darth-Piekus

In my opinion either if Ferrari or Mclaren gets 3rd deserves it. I think it's too early to make an assumption. There are still 5 races to go and anything can happen. We are still in front by 2 points and I think the races that follow could be even more Mclaren friendly with more straights than even Austin. We shal see.

It's now a good opportunity to put Norris in and do the undercut.

Pit stops done. Now let's see what happens till the end.

Xero

Bottas past Lando. Could put Daniel and Carlos under pressure from there. Come on Daniel, hang on in there.

CjC
CjC

There’s still a chance for Ferrari to get their win this season too

Emag

Ferrari will probably win in Mexico. High altitude, lots of slow corners. It just screams mechanical grip. The season has become painful to watch now that Ferrari is so much more competitive. We can't even fight them now.

Every race, you know it will all go to sh*t, but you just watch it anyway. So sad.

blastdoman

I think Daniel is suffering with his tires...

Xero

A Sainz Bottas collision would do nicely please! 😅

Emag

Bottas is a bit pathetic in 1v1 battles at times I am afraid. I don't think he will get Sainz by the end of the race.

blastdoman

Impressive the Lecrecs pace. Hes faster than Perez.

Emag

blastdoman wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 22:27
Impressive the Lecrecs pace. Hes faster than Perez.
It was the same in Russia, but we could not see it because he started from the back. It was also the same in Turkey, and it is again the same in US. As I have said so many times at this point (It may have started to pi** some people off :P), they have clearly taken a very huge step with their PU upgrade.