2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
stan_french

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

I mean, maybe he's firing them because they were the people behind the idea of pushing back the powerunit another year, when it could have been a beneficial one to do it in 2021? at least thats whats coming to mind for me. Especially when we remember that the engine apparently might not be as reliable as they would like.

Maybe Rossi is seeing that and severely criticizing them for taking the decision to postpone the engine so much when they could have used 2021 as basically a massive test session for the engine before next year, and clear out the engine gremlins before this season. I dont know, food for thought?

On a side note, did prost honestly contribute anything to Alpine and Renault? So worst case, isnt that just more budget for the team to improve?

AeroDynamic

stan_french wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 15:39
I mean, maybe he's firing them because they were the people behind the idea of pushing back the powerunit another year, when it could have been a beneficial one to do it in 2021? at least thats whats coming to mind for me. Especially when we remember that the engine apparently might not be as reliable as they would like.

Maybe Rossi is seeing that and severely criticizing them for taking the decision to postpone the engine so much when they could have used 2021 as basically a massive test session for the engine before next year, and clear out the engine gremlins before this season. I dont know, food for thought?

On a side note, did prost honestly contribute anything to Alpine and Renault? So worst case, isnt that just more budget for the team to improve?
Only if they didn’t make any material gains on the next power unit - I.e. failed to make the strategy pay off, which again suggests failure.

stan_french

AeroDynamic wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 15:43
stan_french wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 15:39

Only if they didn’t make any material gains on the next power unit - I.e. failed to make the strategy pay off, which again suggests failure.
i see what you mean, but the rumours have said that they did makespeed gains on the engine, so the strategy would only not pay off if the engine wasn't reliable enough.

diffuser

In January 2021 Rossi was appointed CEO of Alpine, only makes sense that he'd want his own people there. At any rate the technical team hasn't changed.

As far as Alain Prost is concerned, think that was more of a "symbolic" position to tie them back to their hey days. They have Alonso for that now anyways.

fritticaldi

Szafnauer is arriving and BWT sponsor as well. More pink livery on Alpine

Zynerji

fritticaldi wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 20:21
Szafnauer is arriving and BWT sponsor as well. More pink livery on Alpine
Rose pink and Alpine blue might be pretty snazzy! 😍

wogx

"Briatore and Alonso team up again at Alpine"
https://www.abc.es/deportes/formula-1/a ... ticia.html
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Jolle

"el plan" and "Briatore" in one sentence gives me 2008 flashbacks...

MV8
MV8

Jolle wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 22:49
"el plan" and "Briatore" in one sentence gives me 2008 flashbacks...
that new of ABC is fake, a guy on twitter spread the fake and they just posted that #-o
Just posting

JPower

https://www.instagram.com/p/CY2EGiNNH5Q

Prost:
‘I am very disappointed how this new(sp) has been annnouced today! It was agreed that we would announce together with @alpineF1 team ! No respect sorry! I have refused the offer made to me in abudhabi for the 2022 season because of a personal relationship and I was right ! To the enstone and Viry team I will miss you’
Very messy situation...

CMSMJ1

JPower wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 23:17

Prost:
‘I am very disappointed how this new(sp) has been annnouced today! It was agreed that we would announce together with @alpineF1 team ! No respect sorry! I have refused the offer made to me in abudhabi for the 2022 season because of a personal relationship and I was right ! To the enstone and Viry team I will miss you’
Very messy situation...
Agreed. So very messy indeed
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

PlatinumZealot

JPower wrote:

Prost:
Very messy situation...
Curious when he says " and I was right!"
Did he mean he refused the offer because they were releasing Budkowski? Or some other team member?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

diffuser

PlatinumZealot wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 04:17
JPower wrote:

Prost:
Very messy situation...
Curious when he says " and I was right!"
Did he mean he refused the offer because they were releasing Budkowski? Or some other team member?
He could have been doinking a superior for all we know.

Not sure what he's going on about. He was a symbolic appointment, cheer leader. If he tried to get between Rossi and Budkowski, Rossi was right to shiit can him. Going public about it kind of confirms, he's not the right guy for the job.

Rossi is a engineer and a Harvard MBA, not to be toyed with.

peewon

Alain Prost explains his departure from Alpine: "Laurent Rossi wanted all the light"

https://www.lequipe.fr/Formule-1/Articl ... re/1311277

Blackout

peewon wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 06:41
Alain Prost explains his departure from Alpine: "Laurent Rossi wanted all the light"

https://www.lequipe.fr/Formule-1/Articl ... re/1311277
What did he say in that interview :?: