Mercedes GP 2011

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
raymondu999

Re: Mercedes GP 2011

Maybachs are rather long though - the 62 is 6.2m long and the Exelero is a bit longer I think. But anyways we're digressing :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Raptor22
Raptor22

Good post Elf.

Its really concerning that Mercedes allows their engineering team to take such fundamental untried engineering risks.
First one must ensure that the basics are right before going radical.

So Schumachers qualiy pace was affected by rear wing issues.
Rosbergs racepace was affected by rear tyre wear.

They've been having these issues for two years now

xpensive
xpensive

Raptor22 wrote:Good post Elf.

Its really concerning that Mercedes allows their engineering team to take such fundamental untried engineering risks.
First one must ensure that the basics are right before going radical.
This is one of the reasons which earlier led myself and marcush to believe that the W02 concept was influenced by some Daimler engineering think-tank, the same kind of people who dreamt up the Group C flat-12 some 20 years ago.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Raptor22
Raptor22

It was the major problem at Honda also. Continuous concept changes. there was never any continuity of concept development. They never learned to work out the bugs.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

It's quite simple.

When you push the envelope to bridge a gap, you will not always hit the spot. The w02 is nothing if not brave, and behold mistakes where made it would be better to learn from these mistakes than question the teams credentials or direction.
Renault were in a similar position to merc last year, and they also gambled to reduce the gap.doesn't always work.
More could have been done.
David Purley