What car do u drive and what have u driven so far?

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
ruukhgohar

Re: What car do u drive and what have u driven so far?

I drive bmw a220 now.
I have driven : Volvo S90.
Lexus GS 300.
Lincoln Continental.
BMW 430 Gran Coupe.
Audi A5 Sportback.
Genesis G80.
Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
Infiniti Q60.

Whizbang

I drive Hyundai i30.

strad

At 71 there has been so many. Some cool some not.
The first car I owned was 1954 Chevy Bel Air. It was cool because I was 14 and none of my friends yet had their own cars, and it represented freedom.
Then came a 49 Ford. As I said earlier I now drive a 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra Terminator and a Colorado pick up.
In between there has been a 63 Ford R code Galaxie a 67 Shelby GT500 damn I wish I had kept it, a SD 455 Trans Am, stolen and a 69 Road Runner and of course the 67 Vette I invested a ton into only to lose in a divorce along with some not so cool like the 70 Nova 6 cylinder and the 74 Cutlass and somewhere in between cool and not was the 99 OLDs Aurora, about 3 Chevy Blazers and many many more.
Right now I need to be younger and really need a new Corvette. :lol:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

one_o_six

Had 12 cars so far, 4 were company cars:
Fiat 850 Sport Coupé
Saab 99 GLE
Fiat Panda 750L
Suzuki Swift 1.3 GS
Citroën AX GTi
Peugeot 106 Rallye 1.3
Peugeot 106 Rallye 1.6
Peugeot 106 GTi
Opel Astra H Caravan 1.7 cdti
VW Golf V 1.9 TDi Blu Motion
Opel Corsa C 1.3 CDTi
Opel Adam Slam 1.0T

There were some additional cars in the house, but not usually driven by me:
Mini 1000
Mini 1000 HL
Peugeot 106 1.0
Suzuki Micra K11C 1.0
Opel Corsa D bi-fuel

Wass85

Enzo
P1
F1

GT Sport is some game...... 😁

Big Tea

I have just counted up 41 cars and 27 motorcycles, and every time I rethink I realised I have missed some :mrgreen:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

zibby43

Some really great and interesting vehicles in this thread.

Honda Accord Coupe V6
Honda Pilot
Mercedes C230 Kompressor
E90 BMW 335i (tuned by Dinan)
E90 BMW 335i M Sport; xDrive
F30 BMW 335i M Sport
W204 C63 AMG
W205 C43 AMG (current; about to be sold)

Phil

I just realized I never posted in this thread... so here it goes;

I currently own a Lotus Exige S2 (supercharged) with roughly ~300hp @ 900kg. It's just a fun car I use for mountain passes and the occasional track day:

Very fun to drive, extremely loud (121dB @ 8000 rpm, 1m/45° from exhaust). The great thing is, the car is only really loud at above 6250rpm, so I get to drive on tracks where there is a 100dB limit without much trouble. :D

Apart from that, it drives like a go-cart. No power steering. Moderate costs due to light weight, so no extraordinary sized brake calipers. etc. Power delivery is what makes it exciting: Not much below 4000rpm, but then things quickly go mad, with mental mode at above 6250rpm when the variable valve switches over.

(more pics: viewtopic.php?p=829882#p829882)

As a daily drive, I currently also have a BMW 135i (2010). Yes, not the most economic option, but hey, it's nice to drive. But I'm about to replace it with an M2, possibly the BMW M2 Competition, that I just test-drove:

To the car, I have to say I really like it. Test drove both the DKG (Doppelkupplungsgetriebe or sequential gearbox) and the manual. I have to say - I'm manual all the way. Just don't feel connected to cars with automatic gearboxes though the tech is really impressive and extremely fast. Much prefer the smaller M2 to what has become of the M3/M4.

(more pics: viewtopic.php?p=878324#p878324)

Apart from that, a couple that I've driven:

- A Smart (yes, even tried to drift it on snow in the middle of the night... which turned out with me landing in someones garden...)
- BMW 328i (E46)
- BMW 645i
- BMW M3 (E46 and E90)
- Porsche Carrera 4S
- Porsche 911 GT3 (996)
- Porsche Macan
- Citroen C2 (I can't believe I'm admitting this)
- (BMW) Mini Cooper-S JCW (first one with supercharger, and the newer turboe'd ones)
- Original Mini Cooper
- Caterham Super7 R500 (No words to describe this machine... ~230bhp / 430kg... )
- Caterham Super7 CSR260 (not as exciting as the R500)

and some more that I can't quite remember right now or are worth mentioning...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

strad

Some very nice rides y'all had/have. :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

izzy

Phil wrote:
08 Dec 2019, 16:17
I just realized I never posted in this thread... so here it goes;

I currently own a Lotus Exige S2 (supercharged) with roughly ~300hp @ 900kg. It's just a fun car I use for mountain passes and the occasional track day:

https://www.conceptics.com/photography/ ... xige/img/]

https://www.conceptics.com/photography/ ... xige/img/]

Very fun to drive, extremely loud (121dB @ 8000 rpm, 1m/45° from exhaust). The great thing is, the car is only really loud at above 6250rpm, so I get to drive on tracks where there is a 100dB limit without much trouble. :D

Apart from that, it drives like a go-cart. No power steering. Moderate costs due to light weight, so no extraordinary sized brake calipers. etc. Power delivery is what makes it exciting: Not much below 4000rpm, but then things quickly go mad, with mental mode at above 6250rpm when the variable valve switches over.

(more pics: viewtopic.php?p=829882#p829882)

As a daily drive, I currently also have a BMW 135i (2010). Yes, not the most economic option, but hey, it's nice to drive. But I'm about to replace it with an M2, possibly the BMW M2 Competition, that I just test-drove:

https://www.conceptics.com/photography/ ... ition/img/

To the car, I have to say I really like it. Test drove both the DKG (Doppelkupplungsgetriebe or sequential gearbox) and the manual. I have to say - I'm manual all the way. Just don't feel connected to cars with automatic gearboxes though the tech is really impressive and extremely fast. Much prefer the smaller M2 to what has become of the M3/M4.

(more pics: viewtopic.php?p=878324#p878324)

Apart from that, a couple that I've driven:

- A Smart (yes, even tried to drift it on snow in the middle of the night... which turned out with me landing in someones garden...)
- BMW 328i (E46)
- BMW 645i
- BMW M3 (E46 and E90)
- Porsche Carrera 4S
- Porsche 911 GT3 (996)
- Porsche Macan
- Citroen C2 (I can't believe I'm admitting this)
- (BMW) Mini Cooper-S JCW (first one with supercharger, and the newer turboe'd ones)
- Original Mini Cooper
- Caterham Super7 R500 (No words to describe this machine... ~230bhp / 430kg... )
- Caterham Super7 CSR260 (not as exciting as the R500)

and some more that I can't quite remember right now or are worth mentioning...
that is an extremely cool collection !

a 135i is all I've driven that's at all fast, but it is mega, 319bhp in a hatch. Automatic and it is fast but as you say it's inclined to change gear at the wrong times, and the manual mode paddles (edit i remembered it exactly the other way round) turn with the steering wheel so you can never find them when you need them
Last edited by izzy on 11 Dec 2019, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.

Phil

Thanks! Maybe I should clarify though; When I said, I didn't like the DKG (DCT) I was referring to using it manually, so with the paddles on the wheel. No doubt, the 7 dual clutch gear transmission is awesome. It's smooth and it's quick - quick as in, virtually no interrupt. I just... well, I prefer the good old, manual clutch and the stick in my hand, even if yes, it's slower. :oops:

Oh and I should note, the manual gearbox version of the M2 Competition automatically syncs the revs to the gears on downshifts. As in, no heel and toe required. Don't know how I feel about that to be honest. It's cool that the car perfectly matches the engine speed and all, but I don't like that it's something more that once required skill and practice is being effectively replaced by a computer.

I guess I'm a purist. :|

Anyone feel the same about new cars?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Big Tea

Phil wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 16:55
Thanks! Maybe I should clarify though; When I said, I didn't like the DKG (DCT) I was referring to using it manually, so with the paddles on the wheel. No doubt, the 7 dual clutch gear transmission is awesome. It's smooth and it's quick - quick as in, virtually no interrupt. I just... well, I prefer the good old, manual clutch and the stick in my hand, even if yes, it's slower. :oops:

Oh and I should note, the manual gearbox version of the M2 Competition automatically syncs the revs to the gears on downshifts. As in, no heel and toe required. Don't know how I feel about that to be honest. It's cool that the car perfectly matches the engine speed and all, but I don't like that it's something more that once required skill and practice is being effectively replaced by a computer.

What I really miss, and its stupid because I could not do it now anyway (age :oops: ) is being able to get the same car as half the people in my street, while the other half have top end cars, and know my car would outperform most of them.
I look along my street and there are some lovely cars there are all the same. Some have different badges on, some have the odd stripe or different wheels but still all look like the same family.
(apart my favourites being a blue Maz and a black Bentley which are way out of my range anyway)

I used to laugh at youngsters who took a standard fiesta and put a loud exhaust, wide wheels and spotlights on and drive it a maximum revs every where, but I would enjoy the change now.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Jolle

Phil wrote:

hmm, depends of the maker I think, how it's programmed. In my VW, I always drove it in manual mode because the auto mode just felt wrong. Like it was lagging or not doing what I wanted while the 7 speed auto in my '07 Mercedes was spot on (the huge amount or torque could have played a part in that :P). The DSG in a 997 I drove a couple of times was okey-ish but the manual-sport-plus mode was super fun!!! (whiplash at every gear change)

SmallSoldier

Owned / No longer in the garage:

1998 VW Golf GTI
2002 VW Golf GTI VR6
1996 Mitsubishi Evolution IV
2003 BMW M3

Currently Owned:

1965 Backdraft Racing Shelby Cobra
2010 Mitsubishi Evolution X (520 WHP)
1972 Classic Mini Track Car - Hayabusa Conversion by Zcars
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s grocery getter)
2017 BMW X5M (daily driver)

Raced for several years, so I have probably driven more cars than I can remember at the track... Probably the highlight was a Carbon Fiber bodied NSX (dedicated track car), that thing was scary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

izzy

Phil wrote:

the satisfaction is all about exercising a skill isn't it, so yes I totally understand. Tho there's some rule about the brake pedal isn't there, that makes it too high for easy heel and toe-ing in most cars