Is Dan Gurney serious?

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
DaveKillens

Is Dan Gurney serious?

x
Last edited by DaveKillens on 02 Sep 2009, 05:50, edited 1 time in total.

Saw a documentary not too long ago on Dan's new bike. He's serious, and the bike, as far as I know, is already on the market. I believe the big Jap companies are investigating the seating position as well, offering massively lower c of g for better acceleration and cornering, as well as less frontal area. Looks odd, but apparently, works very well.

Becker4

doesnt seem like you would be able to see very well

Anonymous wrote:Saw a documentary not too long ago on Dan's new bike. He's serious, and the bike, as far as I know, is already on the market. I believe the big Jap companies are investigating the seating position as well, offering massively lower c of g for better acceleration and cornering, as well as less frontal area. Looks odd, but apparently, works very well.
Echo that. I have seen several at Road Atlanta and Sebring driven by fans. Apparently these motorcycles are comfortable and the sense of speed and balance is incredible. Not being a bike rider myself YET, I can't comment.

I know the bike and motoring press in the US has raved about the beast. Gourney has said that he wants to race the thing but no one will approve it for their series. He seems to think his design would be way faster.

Are these things really that rare accross the pond? Every WRA weekend I go to( US amateur motorcycle series) there is at least one spectator riding one of these.