Windows XP question

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Windows XP question

Well usually the internet explorer asks us if we want it to save the password of the utility (e-mail or site) we're entering! If we turn of this aplication....how can we turn it back on so it asks us once again if we want to save the password!

seymour
seymour

explorer

Not sure, about XP, I run 2000, but here its

Tools->Internet Options->Content Tab->AutoComplete->"Prompt Me to Save Passwords" tick box.

Hope that helps.
pyry is a racist jackass.
I'll change my sig when he changes his.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Thanks Seymour....it works! :lol:

manchild
manchild

Monstro, saved passwords are one of main things spyware/hackers are looking for. If there is leak in security on your PC intruder than can send e-mails and posts that could cause you problems and get you in trouble. I'm always deleting my Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and History after the surfing.

You can set it: IE - Tools - Internet Options – Advanced - Security - "Empty temporary internet files when browser is closed" for automatic deletion but sometimes it malfunctions and that is why I do it manually.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

I know the information really wasn't for me...it was for my "father in law" (my girlfriends dad)....I really don't trust computers so I don't have a single one stored in my computer! And I usually am very carefull with my computers security don't want to loose the 4 Gb of F1 pics :lol: :lol: :lol: and alot of papers I had to do for univers.....since I only back up my disk once a year (before formating it) at the begining of the school year I usually am very carefull with my info!

Concerning my f-i-law....well he has to go to a website 20/30 times a day it's easier for him to safe the password on the compu....in case hackers do anything to the computer....don't worry it's his computer from work (probably he won't mind if someone does anything to it! :lol: )