Ferrari's B-Spec Barcelona car

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.

Will Ferrari's "B-Spec" car slated for Barcelona have Pull Rod Front Suspension?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 30

ecapox

Ferrari's B-Spec Barcelona car

So we are all busy arguing about the merits of pull rod front suspension and whether or not Ferrari will replace it with the normal push rod. Ferrari says no. Scarbs say there is no reason to, other F1 journalists say no way as well, but yet the F2012 thread is littered with arguments about it (Normal for F1 Tech) that will not die.

I suggest this: Put your money where your mouth is. Pretty simple. The question is this:

Will Ferrari's "B-Spec" car slated for Barcelona have Pull Rod Front Suspension?

Answer the poll and then post why you feel that way as well as a designated charity that you would like to donate $100 to....in case you are wrong. Dont litter the thread with bickering. Post your point and charity and leave it as your grand statement. If you want to continue bickering you can go back into the F2012 thread.

Once Barcelona comes and goes, those who were wrong can then post up proof of their payment to the charity they designated.

Pretty simple. We are all adults (mostly) although some rarely act like it, so this should be faily straight forward.

ecapox

Re: Ferrari's B-Spec Barcelona car

The F2012 will not ditch the Pull Rod front suspension. It works. Plain and simple. The car's problems are not related to the suspension. Its problems are related to lack of rear downforce.

Charity: United Way of Atlanta.

=D>

Bomber_Pilot

I agree with ecapox. They will keep the pull-rod FS, because i also think their problems are aerodynamics related and that the car is mechanically sound. But that's just my opinion.

TheRMVR

Of course they won't ditch it. I know some loud forum members think differently but they'll keep this all season. It seems to work fine. Problem is rear/exhaust/sidepod.

Nando

IT would be better with a public poll instead...
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

raymondu999

That's not very fair. Why would I do a deal that only had a downside for me? I stand to lose $100 but stand to gain nothing?

Also people's opinions will be of whether or not they think the Ferrari *should* change the suspension. Not whether or not they think Ferrari *will.* That's a massive difference.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Jersey Tom

raymondu999 wrote:Also people's opinions will be of whether or not they think the Ferrari *should* change the suspension. Not whether or not they think Ferrari *will.* That's a massive difference.
Well if you put it that way, I say... no, and no :)
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Lycoming

its really just 1 or 2 people that keep bringing the topic up over and over again. As far as I'm concerned, the answer is pretty clear.

bhall

I'm thinking about getting some new kicks. What do you think...

...these?

...or these?

Pup
Pup

Those.

raymondu999

The pull-lace ones
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

donskar

The black ones look much better, though I prefer red.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

donskar

Lycoming wrote:its really just 1 or 2 people that keep bringing the topic up over and over again. As far as I'm concerned, the answer is pretty clear.
+1. That thread seems to be an exercise in pure ego by a couple of members.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Pierce89

donskar wrote:
Lycoming wrote:its really just 1 or 2 people that keep bringing the topic up over and over again. As far as I'm concerned, the answer is pretty clear.
Those two, ego..... never!
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

xpensive

Pierce89 wrote:
donskar wrote:
Those two, ego..... never!
Egos, we don't need no stinking egos to bitch about the push-rod F2012-B debuting in Barcelona, do we?

By the way, I have applied for a patent on push-activated laces for little x's Converses.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"