Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
SiLo

Re: Racing games

NathanOlder wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 12:20
Been playing Assetto Corsa Competizione a fair bit now and last night in a Porsche Cup at SOP Motorsport, finsihed 2nd in the Grand Final to win an amazing...... $30! :lol: Still, its real money for Sim Racing so I'm more than happy 8)

Definitely recommend Assetto Corsa Competizione, definietly the best Sim on consoles at the moment.
Nice! I've started not too long ago on it, but with a relatively cheap setup. Would love to practice with you sometime.
Felipe Baby!

NathanOlder

SiLo wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 13:19
NathanOlder wrote:
Been playing Assetto Corsa Competizione a fair bit now and last night in a Porsche Cup at SOP Motorsport, finsihed 2nd in the Grand Final to win an amazing...... $30! :lol: Still, its real money for Sim Racing so I'm more than happy 8)

Definitely recommend Assetto Corsa Competizione, definietly the best Sim on consoles at the moment.
Nice! I've started not too long ago on it, but with a relatively cheap setup. Would love to practice with you sometime.
Yeah would be good, what platform are you on ? I currently use PS4, will be PS5 when it finally arrives [-o<

I have access to the PC version too, but mostly use the PS4 as the group I am in are based on consoles.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Zynerji

NathanOlder wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 13:54
SiLo wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

Yeah would be good, what platform are you on ? I currently use PS4, will be PS5 when it finally arrives [-o<

I have access to the PC version too, but mostly use the PS4 as the group I am in are based on consoles.
If have to dig.it out from storage, but I have the MOMO Wheel and the G27 pedals... It takes a bit of software wizardry to make it work on PC (serial to usb adapter as well), or I would totally have it running on PS4.

Hmm. I wonder what old G25 wheels go for now... Maybe better to just grab a new(old) set...

NathanOlder

Well I have a practice server on Assetto Corsa Competizione, so if anyone wants to join me anytime, let me know.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

SiLo

NathanOlder wrote:
SiLo wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

On PC at the moment. I see you said you had a practice server, would be happy to hop on and practice sometime. I'm not hugely fast so I definitely need to practice. Haven't had a chance to play the new DLC yet as I've been busy with work.

I didn't bother buying it for PS4 but I could easily do that. I prefer PC as it's much smoother at 100+fps.
Felipe Baby!

NathanOlder

SiLo wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 15:53
NathanOlder wrote:
SiLo wrote:

On PC at the moment. I see you said you had a practice server, would be happy to hop on and practice sometime. I'm not hugely fast so I definitely need to practice. Haven't had a chance to play the new DLC yet as I've been busy with work.

I didn't bother buying it for PS4 but I could easily do that. I prefer PC as it's much smoother at 100+fps.
Yeah I can imagine, Im looking forward to my PS5, at least it will run nicely at 60fps, my launch day PS4 is capped at 30fps on ACC.

And I cant wait for Imola to be added, really looking forward to that.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

SiLo

NathanOlder wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 17:11
SiLo wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

Yeah I can imagine, Im looking forward to my PS5, at least it will run nicely at 60fps, my launch day PS4 is capped at 30fps on ACC.

Imola is already added is it not? Or does the PS version not get the DLC at the same times?
Felipe Baby!

NathanOlder

SiLo wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 17:22
NathanOlder wrote:
SiLo wrote:

Imola is already added is it not? Or does the PS version not get the DLC at the same times?
Console versions are usually a few days behind. There was an update yesterday on the consoles, but I was busy with the Porsche Cup race.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Alonso Fan

Anyone tried automobilista 2 lately with the new gt3s?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

SiLo

NathanOlder wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 17:37
SiLo wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 17:22
NathanOlder wrote:

Console versions are usually a few days behind. There was an update yesterday on the consoles, but I was busy with the Porsche Cup race.
Ah ok. Let me know if you want to practice on PC sometime, I'd love to join and learn something.
Felipe Baby!

francisbaud

I've played my first racing game on the NES but I can't remember what was the name of it. On Playstation I've played either Gran Turismo 1 or 2. I was amazed by the graphic fidelity of that game. Then Need for Speed series (I think it was Hot Pursuit). Midtown Madness and another game in which drivers have to cause as much of a wreck as possible, but I'm not sure those really count as racing games. I pretty much took at break of racing games after that.

NathanOlder

francisbaud wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 16:36
I've played my first racing game on the NES but I can't remember what was the name of it. On Playstation I've played either Gran Turismo 1 or 2. I was amazed by the graphic fidelity of that game. Then Need for Speed series (I think it was Hot Pursuit). Midtown Madness and another game in which drivers have to cause as much of a wreck as possible, but I'm not sure those really count as racing games. I pretty much took at break of racing games after that.
I definitely recommend Assetto Corsa Competizione. it's available on all platforms PC/PlayStation/XBox and is the best low budget sim on the market. Its a normal game price and not the monthly subscription costs like iRacing or rFactor2.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

CMSMJ1

Reminded to come back to this thread due to @nathanolder's signature - ref ACC

I have recently bought it and found myself CPU bound which is very irritating..I really must get onto upgrading! (I have used Asetto and Netkar previously and they are excellent)

So, in a fit of pique, I went old school and put Grand Prix Legends (GPL) back on.

I first raced GPL, as a demo, in 1998 and my first PC was built to race with it. A Pentium 2 with a 4mb ATI Rage card!

I joined a league, was a regular on RaceSimCentral and generally was addicted to GPL and was able to get a -11 rank in the end. If you know what that means, you can see it's not amazing, but decent.

Last night I setup the G25 and shifter into a 540 degrees rotation and did a short race at Kyalami. Wow. it was excellent. Maybe the rose tinted racing goggles helped but it was superb.

I thought I had done a few good laps and looked at my best in the game - last updated 2005!! Holy moly. I then had a look for some that I knew I had to beat - usually using the BRM as that is a pig and found I was over 2s away from the 'negative' time for that car at Kyalami.

Another hour later and I have improved and updated my rank in that car by 2 tenths of a second - a update to the scores that only took 16 years to deliver. I am fairly chuffed with that and am now going to aim for my negative 'monster rank' - which is the combined target times for all original tracks in each cars.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

NathanOlder

CMSMJ1 wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 15:01

I have recently bought it and found myself CPU bound which is very irritating..I really must get onto upgrading! (I have used Asetto and Netkar previously and they are excellent)

So, in a fit of pique, I went old school and put Grand Prix Legends (GPL) back on.

I first raced GPL, as a demo, in 1998 and my first PC was built to race with it. A Pentium 2 with a 4mb ATI Rage card!

I joined a league, was a regular on RaceSimCentral and generally was addicted to GPL and was able to get a -11 rank in the end. If you know what that means, you can see it's not amazing, but decent.

Last night I setup the G25 and shifter into a 540 degrees rotation and did a short race at Kyalami. Wow. it was excellent. Maybe the rose tinted racing goggles helped but it was superb.

I thought I had done a few good laps and looked at my best in the game - last updated 2005!! Holy moly. I then had a look for some that I knew I had to beat - usually using the BRM as that is a pig and found I was over 2s away from the 'negative' time for that car at Kyalami.

Another hour later and I have improved and updated my rank in that car by 2 tenths of a second - a update to the scores that only took 16 years to deliver. I am fairly chuffed with that and am now going to aim for my negative 'monster rank' - which is the combined target times for all original tracks in each cars.
:lol: nice one. I had a brief go on GPL years ago but never really got in to it as at the time I didnt have a decent wheel etc.

I have just had 3 months out as Iv'e been busy but just got back in on wednesday for my first go back on ACC. It's just so adictive. I still race more on the PS5 as more of my friends are on there, but do use PC now an again.

There really should be enough of us here to get a group together on one platform or another for some F1Technical Sim Racing. With the level and realism of the current sim equipment, anyone who enjoys racing should definitely get in to it!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

WaikeCU

NathanOlder wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 11:12
CMSMJ1 wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 15:01

:lol: nice one. I had a brief go on GPL years ago but never really got in to it as at the time I didnt have a decent wheel etc.

I have just had 3 months out as Iv'e been busy but just got back in on wednesday for my first go back on ACC. It's just so adictive. I still race more on the PS5 as more of my friends are on there, but do use PC now an again.

There really should be enough of us here to get a group together on one platform or another for some F1Technical Sim Racing. With the level and realism of the current sim equipment, anyone who enjoys racing should definitely get in to it!
What about a F1technical sim racing team or get a team to be partnered with F1technical? Just to be associated with the name is already <3

I raced a lot of ACC before and now just gone into iRacing for the past month or so. Recently reached B-License.