Bernard's new website

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
bernard
bernard

Another day, another major update. Just implemented a new Major feature. With a capital letter. :P Plus some of the everyday minor coding.
I have to say the site is starting to look pretty good- still a lot of small details to polish, with a piece of content missing here and there.
But overall I can say we are looking pretty solid. I expect to be able to post a screencap by the end of this week, with the site opening at the beginning of next week. Monday, hopefully. I'm keeping my fingers and all other bodily parts crossed! :wink:

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Fingers crossed here too matey. :)

I bet your weekend will be very busy. :wink:

Spencifer_Murphy

Good luck getting it all done in time mate!
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Tom

not bad, for a Frenchman :D :lol: :D
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

bernard
bernard

Thanks, guys. O:)
I've been so busy with the site lately that I haven't had time to practice sketching that much. So I spent half of today drawing the new cars from reference pictures.
Here's one I made of the mp4-21, though I now realise the "fancy" blur effect I slapped on there is not that fancy at all. I'll try and dig the original sketch up if I can find the photoshop savefile. :roll:
And it seems I also forgot to do the siemens logo.

Spencifer_Murphy

hehe...well its still a good sketch Bernard! I cant wait for the site to be ready!

manchild
manchild

I think P.Filisetti will make you an offer you can't refuse

Make sure you don't wake up with horses head 8-[

:wink:
Last edited by manchild on 02 Feb 2006, 05:15, edited 1 time in total.

bernard
bernard

manchild wrote:I think Piolla will make you an offer you can't refuse

Make sure you don't wake up with horses head 8-[

:wink:
hehe... :shock:
Actually there was some talk of me giving Scarbs a helping hand in illustrating his articles, but he stopped replying my emails after a while. I have no idea what happened there. I personally thought it was rather rude. A simple "no thank you, your illustrations suck. Craig." would have been fine. I could have handled that. Even "Burn in hell, ---!" would have been better than just simply stopping replying. That way you never know just what the hell happened.

Anyway, Scarbs, if you read this no hard feelings. Some manners would have been appreciated, though.
I hope you wont mind if I post one of the pictures here I rendered for you.
I feel quite embarassed by it now.
Oh the nostalgia. Looking back at that, I messed up on the nose, big time. This was one of the first f1 renderings I ever made, so i guess that can be forgiven. Now that I look at it, it's pure asscrap. Luckily I've improved since. :wink:

Scarbs, if you want me to take the picture down, just PM me.

edit: spelling, spelling...
Last edited by bernard on 02 Feb 2006, 04:48, edited 1 time in total.

manchild
manchild

Anyway, I don't get why is P.Filisetti doing all that to his pics? Those are all real photos edited with photo edited software and than he adds some free hand outlines just to make them look like real drawings. Why not just put arrows over a cleared-out photo of car and add numbers? Why worsen the photo?!

What is the point of making picture look like this?

http://manchild.on.neobee.net/thechick.jpg

Perhaps P.Filisetti is doing so only to make pics resemble to ones he has done before the photo editing software was available?
Last edited by manchild on 02 Feb 2006, 05:15, edited 1 time in total.

bernard
bernard

manchild wrote:Anyway, I don't get why is Piolla doing all that to his pics? Those are all real photos edited with photo edited software and than he adds some free hand outlines just to make them look like real drawings. Why not just put arrows over a cleared-out photo of car and add numbers? Why worsen the photo?!

What is the point of making picture look like this?

http://manchild.on.neobee.net/thechick.jpg

Perhaps Piolla is doing so only to make pics resemble to ones he has done before the photo editing software was available?
LMAO! =D>

I guess he's just got lazy. It fools most people, and he gets paid.
But are you mixing Paolo Filisetti (formula1.com tech guy) with Giorgio Piola? They are two different people, I think. The work Piola published in the autosport magazine used to be Ok, haven't bought the toilet rag in ages so I don't know about these days.
But that Filisetti guy is a complete bozo, the one that does the work on formula1.com. He just takes a picture, fades the background image slightly and adds some color on top to make it seem like he's actually done something. :roll:

manchild
manchild

You're right, I'm mixing those two... to be more precise I thought that Piola is working for formula1.com. :oops:

Anyway, as I was focused on pics from formula1.com than I put the question mark on Paolo Filisetti's work. I'd like to see him look at the pic of the car and make a drawing with his hand instead of trying to fool the people to think that he actualy makes drawings.

For the money he gets from Bernie I'd do it the same or better.

*I'll replace Piola in my previous posts with P.Filisetti*

Spencifer_Murphy

to be more precise I thought that Piola is working for formula1.com.
LOL...Piola's pictures are much better than those on F1.com

bernard
bernard

Here is something that just got finished for the site, like literally minutes ago.
It's little things like these that people don't normally see when they visit a site. The sad irony is that the more "behind the scenes", used-once-a-day a feature is, the longer it will take to make and test. Crap.
Well, that's out of the way now.
The site's coming along according to plan, with a monday launch very probable. The look of the site is still under work, luckily I'm getting a hand there, so I will have someone to slap me around when I get stuck.
There might be a screencap of the GUI coming this weekend. Unless we run into some problems.

Spencifer_Murphy

Nice...i can see it comming together qite nicely mate.

bernard
bernard

The site is crawling towards the beta launch date, slowly but surely.
I also have another website under work, so it will be another week or so of slight tuning and fixing after the initial beta launch till the site can be "officially" launched.
I'm off to work on that damn UI.