Winter Olympics

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Lauda

BTW who thinks that the stig is tiff needell?
that is wat i think, but i want to have more evidence then only the fact that the helmet tiff used in the past is the same as the stig uses

Tom

I've heard its Jason Plato, that would fit because the first Stig 'died' not long before Plato came back to touring cars.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

joseff

Tiff Needell is too tall to be the Stig they normally use. I'm in the Damon Hill/Colin McRae camp.

Lauda

stig
Tiff

I think this is good proof...
plus the stig always playing boring music in the car. Jeremy was always saying that tiff was boring and he was a host of top gear in the past...

Scuderia_Russ

You make an interesting case, but isn't Tiff contracted to channel 5's Fifth Gear?

Lauda

It is well possible to have a clause in your contract that says that you can do certain other work, like drive in fast cars for a programme as long as his identity stays secret in that programme.

More obvious example of a clause is Guus Hiddink.
He has a clause in his contract at PSV, which makes it possible to work as a coach of a national soccerteam, like now Australia.
For the english people on the forum:
It is possible for him with his contract at PSV to become coach of the English soccerteam after the World Cup.

back to the Stig case... I think his contract at channel 5 is not perse a problem. BTW i think that 5th gear is a better program, because they also talk about "normal" affordable cars...

Scuderia_Russ

Lauda wrote: For the english people on the forum:
It is possible for him with his contract at PSV to become coach of the English soccerteam after the World Cup.
LOL, Thanks for that, but I think the next candidate will be English. At least this way the only thing the fans will have to whine about will be the lack of results instead of the lack of results under a "foreigner"!

Scuderia_Russ

Lauda wrote: i think that 5th gear is a better program, because they also talk about "normal" affordable cars...
Where's the fun in that?

Lauda

I aws talking about the quality of the programme not the fun of the programme, but who has better clues and facts about the stig. I think we can crack the case! :D

zac510

He is white not for contract but so it can be a different driver when required (ie Renault, Snowmobile, etc).

Sawtooth-spike

shall we make a new tread?

"The quest for the Stig?"
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

johny

yes, that one is so offtopic :o

fwa2500

about the stig:
http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=9477

and for those who missed the flash of red in the Olympics (sorry about it being in Polish!):
http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3KDU ... KN6G1OYPK8

enjoy!

Tom

I am the Stig!
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Becker4

thanks for posting the ferrari at the olympics, i had missed it.