Question to all members!!!!!!!!!!!

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
m3_lover

Question to all members!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Everybody

I have been on this forum for about a month, I am really impressed with everybody's passion in motorsports. I am a university student not for engineering, but for Accounting. But I like to get some motorsport experience since I am car junkie. Everybody in the forum has said you got to start out small and doing small things first before doing anything big.

So I was checking out a city that has a Racing Circuit. I live in Ontario Canada. When I check the racing circuit's website about doing something small.. this is what I got

Marshalling?
Special events?
Mechanics programs?

If your desire is to get involved and to be
compensated with seat time….give us a shout.

Email a short note of your background.
No experience necessary.

The question I have is what should I write for the background?
What are the exact duties of a marshall?
What is better thing to do Mechanics program or Marshalling?

Thanks for your time
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

manchild
manchild

I've been marshalling for 10 years. If you can't get into some team or be at races as journalist/reporter than marshalling is the best way to get close to action.

To understand what marshalling is check this site:

http://www.marshals.co.uk/

FAQ - http://www.marshals.co.uk/questions.php

Also, download and read this guide to marshalling.

http://www.marshals.co.uk/new/files/msfguide.pdf

Not only that you'll get clear picture about what marshalling is all about but it will also help you in understanding procedures, safety measures, first aid, firefighting and other interesting things.

rsfocus
rsfocus

i have been photographing local events for more than 10 years (started when i was 15) also competed in club events and have crewed with some tarmac rallying.

getting involved in any form is good, mainly just to get to know everybody. doesnt take long to find out from your local clubs/circuits what you can help out with.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I also suggest you just get involved in any minor way. Once involved, you will learn all about the racing game, and have a better idea of how to achieve your goals.
I started out just hanging around practices. Then I became a gopher, and after that just progressed along.
There's a lot you can lean by reading magazines, books, and exposure to the media. But that's like learning sex, you really have to get there in person and involved to begin to understand what's really happening. :roll: