Xpensive has passed away

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
CBeck113
CBeck113

Re: Xpensive has passed away

bhall's right - the best people don't accept the norm, they reshape it. He would stand to his opinion come hell or high water, until someone gave him the right fact-based arguments for him to change it...shouldn't we all be like that? And never afraid to represent those ideas and ideals? You didn't have to be friends with him, it was enough to engage in a discussion with him - he was xtremely special. RIP TA, you got the best seat now.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

strad

SectorOne wrote:I´ve always thought of you two as being the same person (metaphorically of course)
Since i´m already drinking, i´ll have one for him and his threads.
Who? Me?
Actually I think we agreed more often than not, but like others I did lock horns with him a few times.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

tuj
tuj

curves in the sky....

wuzak
wuzak

RIP Xpensive.

You will be sorely missed.

Hail22

Quite saddened to hear about this especially whilst celebrating Passover. Rest in Peace mate, I bet he's sharing some thougnts and drinks with Mr. Ronnie P.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

SectorOne

strad wrote:
SectorOne wrote:I´ve always thought of you two as being the same person (metaphorically of course)
Since i´m already drinking, i´ll have one for him and his threads.
Who? Me?
No not you, the OP.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

I liked X's posts and attitude and although I have little time (and to be fair I'm not a fan of the way the population and attitude has changed) I still come and read the posts by the old guard.

Never met X - I hope his family are coping and that if they have an ounce of understanding of the regard with which we, his forum buddies, hold him I trust it will give them small comfort.

I do wonder if any nomex was ever eaten as a result of the wagers...

RIP X
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

FoxHound

Sadly,

Nomex at spa never happened.

Regrettably so.
JET set

mistrx
mistrx

RIP Xpensive :(

You are missed here

FrukostScones

RIP Xpensive!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

zgred

Not often it happen that we know person behind nickname and why suddenly ceases to appear among us here. This time we know this very sad reason.
Was pleasure to read your personal and honest opinions Xpensive... Goodbye.

munudeges
munudeges

I swear to God, whenever I hear the word 'torque' ever again I will always remember him.

Chuckjr

R.I.P.
Watching F1 since 1986.

mep

Sad to hear, I admit I miss his style of post here quite a lot.
He was a proper old school engineer with good knowledge and passion. Also he was never shy of speaking out his opinion.
Somebody must have made a massive contribution so that an anonymous forum community recognises when any of its members is not around anymore. The time he spent here must be enormous, which in the end made somebody familiar to us which we have never meet at all.

Andres125sx

Only knew him for some months, since he contacted me to join a circle. I was very impressed someone with his knownledge was interested on someone like me who only has amateurish knownledge about F1, but that didn´t bother him, he was interested on any point of view different to his. That´s what I call an open mind.

I´ll miss him, but I hope I can use him as an example in my life to always listen everybody

Rest in peace