Alien: Covenant (2017)

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
ds.raikkonen

Alien: Covenant (2017)

Well, are there any of you guys who like the 'Alien' saga? I absolutely love it and am eagerly waiting for the next one ' Alien: Covenant' after the epic 'Prometheus'. Could not believe Michael Fassbender got to be the android and he did the role beautifully =D>
Prometheus has been interpreted in so many ways, its mind boggling. And, Alien: Covenant will reveal more confusion, IMO, just look at what has been said about this movie:
Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS -- and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.
There will be two more to follow this one, and it will be a Star Wars style connect with the original Alien (1979) in the end. Can't wait!
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

timbo

Re: Alien: Covenant (2017)

I like Alien, but I was not very impressed with Prometheus. But I would probably see this one,

ds.raikkonen

timbo wrote:I like Alien, but I was not very impressed with Prometheus. But I would probably see this one,
I admit Prometheus had some flaws, but it was far better from Alien 3 and the down right terrible Alien: Resurrection.
Prometheus gave everyone something to think about, deliberate gaps open for interpretation. Covenant should be exciting as at least they have got the story back on track after the disastrous Alien 3 and Resurrection movies. Neil Blomkamp said he will only consider events from Alien and Aliens for his story, which is excellent news!
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

timbo

ds.raikkonen wrote: Neil Blomkamp
Now THIS is exciting news for me. Was hugely impressed with "District 9".

SiLo

ds.raikkonen wrote:
timbo wrote:I like Alien, but I was not very impressed with Prometheus. But I would probably see this one,
I admit Prometheus had some flaws, but it was far better from Alien 3 and the down right terrible Alien: Resurrection.
Prometheus gave everyone something to think about, deliberate gaps open for interpretation. Covenant should be exciting as at least they have got the story back on track after the disastrous Alien 3 and Resurrection movies. Neil Blomkamp said he will only consider events from Alien and Aliens for his story, which is excellent news!
Have you watched the directors cut of Alien 3? It changes quite a lot about the film and really sorts out a lot of the issues with it.
Felipe Baby!

ds.raikkonen

SiLo wrote:
ds.raikkonen wrote:
Have you watched the directors cut of Alien 3? It changes quite a lot about the film and really sorts out a lot of the issues with it.
Is it? I watched the DC of ALien sometime back and it had the cocoon scene added in the end where the crew was kept by the Xenomorph. I have the DC of Alien 3 as well, will watch it now. Although I found it hugely disappointing when I watched it for the first time on VHS in the late '90s! Didn't have the excitement of Aliens.

SiLo

ds.raikkonen wrote:
SiLo wrote:
ds.raikkonen wrote: I admit Prometheus had some flaws, but it was far better from Alien 3 and the down right terrible Alien: Resurrection.
Is it? I watched the DC of ALien sometime back and it had the cocoon scene added in the end where the crew was kept by the Xenomorph. I have the DC of Alien 3 as well, will watch it now. Although I found it hugely disappointing when I watched it for the first time on VHS in the late '90s! Didn't have the excitement of Aliens.
The beginning is changed a lot around how the alien actually gets into the prison, which makes a lot more sense. It's still not the best one, but it does improve over the theatrical release quite a bit.
Felipe Baby!

hollowBallistix

Alien & Aliens are epic.

Everything else since, including that mess Prometheus, has been utter rubbish.

Was looking forward to the Neill Blomkamp film, but Ridley Scott spat his dummy out & stopped that production, he's now reworked "Prometheus 2" into Alien : Covenant.... not expecting anything good tbh

SunsAnvil

Directors Cut of Alien 3? While I thought that the versions I'd seen were OK (some were rather unkind about them). I didn't think a Directors Cut existed as David Fincher got upset with the studios and disowned the project.

ds.raikkonen

hollowBallistix wrote:Alien & Aliens are epic.

Everything else since, including that mess Prometheus, has been utter rubbish.
Alien was one of its kind. No questions about it, a masterpiece of sci-fi action horror genre.
Aliens was at best an sci-fi action movie, a good one at that. Not as dark as the first though.
Prometheus, which I too thought was a bit dull at first will prove to be good once Covenant and 2 more sequels follow and throw more light at what Ridley Scott wants to project. Damon Lindelof has a lot to prove now, he had been criticized for a lot for leaving a lot for interpretation in 'Lost'. But I liked the fact that Prometheus left people scratching their heads, it was properly dark and I like that bit, similar to Alien.
SiLo wrote:The beginning is changed a lot around how the alien actually gets into the prison, which makes a lot more sense. It's still not the best one, but it does improve over the theatrical release quite a bit.
Yeah, I watched that one and the only difference was that the chestburster phenomenon happens to a dead Ox instead of a dog right? Also, the prisoner finds a facehugger lying on the floor near the dead ox.

SectorOne

Prometheus was one of the worst movies i`ve ever seen. Just pure garbage of a movie.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

ds.raikkonen

SectorOne wrote:Prometheus was one of the worst movies i`ve ever seen. Just pure garbage of a movie.
Have you seen Alien: Resurrection? That was garbage, IMO.

SiLo

Prometheus was pretty good (at least, I thought it was). I'm looking forwards to the next installment to learn more about the storyline.
Felipe Baby!

ds.raikkonen

SiLo wrote:Prometheus was pretty good (at least, I thought it was). I'm looking forwards to the next installment to learn more about the storyline.
It was good enough to get me excited about Covenant. Pretty sure they'll come up with good concepts for the upcoming films in the Alien franchise.

Andres125sx

Probably it was due to the fact my expectations were quite low, but I actually enjoied Prometheus, a lot. It provides something else than just effects. It can´t be compared with the original Alien movie of course, that´s a legend, but you can´t use a legend as a reference, if you compare it with similar movies, I think it´s quite good.

For example I found it way way better than any Star Wars sequel