The Grand Tour: Clarkson et al are back! (18 Nov)

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
ChrisDanger

The Grand Tour: Clarkson et al are back! (18 Nov)

Judging by this trailer, fans of (the old!) Top Gear won't be disappointed.

There are more behind-the-scenes videos on their YouTube channel.

Jef Patat

Re: The Grand Tour: Clarkson et al are back! (18 Nov)

no words, just: =P~

hemichromis

Finally feel the £79 a year for Amazon Prime is worth it!!

Steven
Owner

So looking forward to this!

Is there a possibility to view without the annual sub?

ChrisDanger

Notice of global coverage and dates of release. (In most countries availability is only from December.)

dans79

Steven wrote:So looking forward to this!

Is there a possibility to view without the annual sub?
you can probably pay a premium per episode if you want.
197 104 103 7

dans79

Streaming it now during my lunch break! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
197 104 103 7

hemichromis

Would you be able to wait until all 12 episodes have aired and getting a Prime free trial?

The show was great, seems poignant that on the very first episode they were able to compare lap times of the Laferrari, Porsche 918 and Mclaren P1. something they tried on Top Gear but were unable to do.

dans79

hemichromis wrote: The show was great, seems poignant that on the very first episode they were able to compare lap times of the Laferrari, Porsche 918 and Mclaren P1. something they tried on Top Gear but were unable to do.
I could easily see them getting tired of never getting any positive feedback from your employer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJx5JpNR4mo
197 104 103 7

ME4ME

The first episode mainly introduces the viewer to the new show. The Holy Trinity test was nice but nothing new or exciting in my opinion, it has been done before. Some of the jokes felt a bit forced and rude, rather than funny, but a decent start i'd say to the new show.

bauc

Decent start indeed of the show, we will need time to get used to the new format but overall I'm happy the boys are back =D>
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

WaikeCU

For me it's innovative. It has the best ingredients of what Top Gear had to offer wrapped with a changing setting/studio. It's a mobile studio. We've heard how big the demand is of being live at the Top Gear studio when the three presented it back then. Now globally everyone has a chance to attend the tv show that is broadcasted world wide, because some day, they'll theoretically attend your back yard and that's why it's so brilliant.

Caito

I liked the show!

It's basicaly still top gear. What I didn't like is that the scenes on the tent seemed a little bit too scripted, they will probably relax a bit with time.
Come back 747, we miss you!!

Formula Wrong

I loved it. Sure it's basically how top gear was when the 3 of them were still there, but it's awsome =D>

I also like their new test track. The names for the different parts are just brilliant :lol:
If you no longer go for the space someone always has to leave, you're no longer a racing driver

basti313

bauc wrote:Decent start indeed of the show, we will need time to get used to the new format but overall I'm happy the boys are back =D>
Well, I think the new format is just great. Overall it is a big improvement: The new tent is better on acustics, the new computer lap time board is readable, the boring SIARPC is dropped...
I do not like the fat driver...he is not entertaining and they are testing cars which have carbon fibre mirrors for pace improvement and have a driver who loses 10kg on an intercontinental flight???
Caito wrote:I liked the show!

It's basicaly still top gear. What I didn't like is that the scenes on the tent seemed a little bit too scripted, they will probably relax a bit with time.
This is a point which is a bit of a problem since 3 or 4 years now. If they need so much time for scripted people falling from the sky, they lack a bit of situational comedy which comes with the usual car tests or comparisons. But I hope for the next episodes to see more road trips and less snake bites.
Don`t russel the hamster!