Luca Corberi banned for life?

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
dans79

Luca Corberi banned for life?

Button shared this earlier today.

Honestly, what kind of person blindsides someone substantially smaller than themselves. I won't even mention dad......

197 104 103 7

Deadpool

Re: Luca Corberi banned for life?

Jenson is right.Life ban! Maybe they should try ultimate cage fighting?

hollus

This would be the "bumper" thing mentioned in the tweet above.

Rivals, not enemies.

Jolle

I googled him to see how old he is before shouting “yes life time ban”.

He’s 23, so an adult. Life ban would be a reasonable punishment from the organisation plus, I hope, a criminal investigation into the assault shown on Button’s tweet and his throwing stuff on the racetrack.

Disgusting entitled prick.

MtthsMlw

Reading his tweets he seems to be proud of his actions.

sosic2121

What happened before the cause this kind of behaviour?
I'm not defending the guy, just asking. Jason mentioned that he drove someone into the wall before...

dans79

sosic2121 wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 09:33
What happened before the cause this kind of behaviour?
I'm not defending the guy, just asking. Jason mentioned that he drove someone into the wall before...
https://www.racefans.net/2020/10/04/but ... behaviour/
The 23-year-old Tony Kart driver retired nine laps into the 25-lap race after colliding with rival Paolo Ippolito.

The official broadcast of the race (below) shows Corberi standing at the side of the circuit and throwing the bumper from his kart in the direction of Ippolito as he passed by.

Button shared amateur footage from the paddock after the race which appears to show Corberi and another individual physically attacking Ippolito. Corberi’s family are the operators of the Lonato circuit where the race took place.
“Luca Corberi has just destroyed any chance he had at a racing career after his disgusting behaviour today at the FIA Karting World champs,” said Button on social media. “His father owns the circuit and is seen power driving the guy into a wall. Life ban for both of these idiots please.”
Corberi and Ippolito were both disqualified from the race over the collision, which was not shown during the race.

The stewards ruled DRG driver Ippolito “could not avoid to make contact with driver 61 [Corberi] and following that action forced the driver 61 to retire.” However he was found to have infringed the Code of Driving Conduct on Karting Circuits concerning collisions between competitors.

The official race classification notes Corberi was given a “disqualification from the competition for a (very) bad manoeuvre” under Appendix L, Chapter IV article 2(c) of the International Sporting Code, which requires driver to “use the track at all times”.
197 104 103 7

4EYES

Shocking behaviour! I agree with Jenson.

Phil

Wow, that's quite something. Is there any video of the incident that led to Corberi's DNF?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

RZS10

Mamma mia! That's a lot of dropped spaghetti right there

dans79

Phil wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 15:24
Wow, that's quite something. Is there any video of the incident that led to Corberi's DNF?

I haven't seen anything, but I'm sure something will come out eventually.

Massa:
https://www.autosport.com/other/news/15 ... nsequences
He wrote alongside images of the two incidents: "This behaviour is unacceptable in our sport. Those individuals will face the consequences of their action."
197 104 103 7

Sieper

It’s very stupid and immature, especially when 23 years old. But lifetime goes to far for me. Ban a year or so. A real career will be difficult now anyway as who would sponsor him now? No one.

SiLo

Sieper wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 16:56
It’s very stupid and immature, especially when 23 years old. But lifetime goes to far for me. Ban a year or so. A real career will be difficult now anyway as who would sponsor him now? No one.
His actions could have taken a life. A lifetime ban is the minimum I would expect.

I hope there is a criminal investigation too.
Felipe Baby!

Wouter

He decided to stop racing. From his FB:

Luca Corbe Corberi

I’d like to apologize to the motorsport comunity for what I’ve done. There are no excuses to explain why I’ve done such a disgraceful act, this has been something I’ve never done in my 15 years of career, and I really hope it won’t be seen by anybody else in the future.
After the race, once I’ve been called by the sporting judges, I’ve asked them to take my licence away because I was fully conscius about my irreparable mistakes, but as they showed me, they don’t have the power for doing it, it’s written in the international rules, so please, don’t be against them, they were just doing their work in the best way they could.
For this reason I’ve decided to don’t take part to any other motorsport competition for the rest of my life, that’s not a self justice, it’s simply the right thing to do.
My family has been in karting since 1985, we’ve seen it grow, we’ve seen the best and the worst part of it. This episode will be remember as one of the worst in our sport and that’s something I’ll never forget.
I’m not asking any indulgence, because I don’t deserve it. I will totally agree with the punishments required.
I’m writing today to say sorry even if it’s not enough, because after all the bad things that happened during this event, the worst ever has been done by me, a guy who love this sport and after the worst day of his life will still rememeber his good racing memories.
Thank you
The Power of Dreams!

SiLo

Wouter wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 17:12
He decided to stop racing. From his FB:

Luca Corbe Corberi

I’d like to apologize to the motorsport comunity for what I’ve done. There are no excuses to explain why I’ve done such a disgraceful act, this has been something I’ve never done in my 15 years of career, and I really hope it won’t be seen by anybody else in the future.
After the race, once I’ve been called by the sporting judges, I’ve asked them to take my licence away because I was fully conscius about my irreparable mistakes, but as they showed me, they don’t have the power for doing it, it’s written in the international rules, so please, don’t be against them, they were just doing their work in the best way they could.
For this reason I’ve decided to don’t take part to any other motorsport competition for the rest of my life, that’s not a self justice, it’s simply the right thing to do.
My family has been in karting since 1985, we’ve seen it grow, we’ve seen the best and the worst part of it. This episode will be remember as one of the worst in our sport and that’s something I’ll never forget.
I’m not asking any indulgence, because I don’t deserve it. I will totally agree with the punishments required.
I’m writing today to say sorry even if it’s not enough, because after all the bad things that happened during this event, the worst ever has been done by me, a guy who love this sport and after the worst day of his life will still rememeber his good racing memories.
Thank you
Did not expect that sort of response. Fair play to him for taking action himself straight away and owning up to his mistakes.
Felipe Baby!