Flat plane theory

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
hUirEYExbN

Re: Flat plane theory

I assumed they meant flat plate boundary layer theory.

Maybe a typo or language issue led that to becoming flat plane theory.

godlameroso

I don't see a lot of flat planes in F1 other than the floor and plank...The rear wing is CERTAINLY not a flat plane, I would question the sanity of anyone claiming it is.

Or that it's boundary layer is the same as a flat plate for that matter.
Last edited by godlameroso on 11 May 2021, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

That supposed to show how boundary layers propagate off a complex 3d shape and how it interacts with pressure gradients along it's contour? Sweet!
Saishū kōnā

TimW

godlameroso wrote:
11 May 2021, 15:13
That supposed to show how boundary layers propagate off a complex 3d shape and how it interacts with pressure gradients along it's contour? Sweet!
Uhh, you asked a question, I provided a link with the answer. Sorry for doing that I guess......

godlameroso

TimW wrote:
11 May 2021, 15:19
godlameroso wrote:
Uhh, you asked a question, I provided a link with the answer. Sorry for doing that I guess......
That answers the size of the boundary layer off the rear wing and how it interacts with the end plates? Just curious, because when I respond to people in such a half assed manner I rightly get chewed out around here. Now if we're being fair, I think I should be able to reciprocate.
Saishū kōnā

dans79

godlameroso wrote:
11 May 2021, 17:21
TimW wrote:
11 May 2021, 15:19
godlameroso wrote:

That answers the size of the boundary layer off the rear wing and how it interacts with the end plates? Just curious, because when I respond to people in such a half assed manner I rightly get chewed out around here. Now if we're being fair, I think I should be able to reciprocate.

It gives you the fundamentals of aerodynamics. If you want any kind of detailed information about a complex 3d surface you need CFD.
197 104 103 7