My last post here

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Wouter

Re: My last post here

This is the only F1 forum I know where all opinions of non Mercedes/Hamilton fans are laughed at, ridiculed.
If a non-Mercedes/Hamilton fan posts something, a Hamilton fan immediately comes with videos to prove otherwise.
Time and time again pointing that finger: "Yes, but he ......". "My driver/team is better than yours." So childish.

There is only one driver here who does nothing wrong and that is Hamilton.
There is only one team that "always does their homework well" and the rest "are just doing bad work, their own fault."
That ruins the whole atmosphere here, especially in the racing topics.

This forum is not only for Mercedes fans, which has been the case for a long time, but also a forum for all fans of 9 other teams!
If everyone respects each other and their opinion, it would be a lot more pleasant here.
The Power of Dreams!

SiLo

This thread is an absolute mess and should just be locked. So many childish things posted here. Is it really that hard to just let someone else have a different opinion and not get worked up about it? It's like everyone is trying to one-up each other all the time.

The dude said he was leaving and all we have is an example of exactly why, the irony is incredible.

To PZ: Hope you are well buddy, maybe you can come back in future.
Felipe Baby!

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

they are even saying, mercedes is british. you know because they have some stuff in brackley.

fun fact mercedes is german/multi culti. but surley not british. and yess merc is the sole reason 99% of lewis his records.

british bias is strong here,
my mother brigid catrine sexton, is 100% british, and so i am 50%. i can choose my country to go to
the whole sexton part of the fam is pro hami. but they know nothing about f1,
they realy think hamilton is the best ever. do not say anything about merc.....they hate them.
but still they drive a merc at home....

britsh bias, is force to be seen, but the dutch bias i like more, less tifossi more a about the fighting spirit. max is getting slaughter @ home when he make a mistake. and that 2way effection i like way more. then that cuddle to death type of mentalty of my mom parts of the fam.

nzjrs

SiLo wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 13:06

The dude said he was leaving and all we have is an example of exactly why, the irony is incredible.
I don't care either way if PZ left, but I will defend this forum from accusations that it is terrible / gotten worse.

I think it's less healthy that this topic has gone from a referendum on PZ (who invited this referendum himself, by posting dramatically tbh, as a final act of trolling?) into a referendum on F1 technical.

I'll leave it up to the mods opinion if the referendum is worthwhile or not.

DChemTech
DChemTech

SiLo wrote:
This thread is an absolute mess and should just be locked. So many childish things posted here. Is it really that hard to just let someone else have a different opinion and not get worked up about it? It's like everyone is trying to one-up each other all the time.

Any discussion as to these underlying aspects will probably end in a mess.. so I initially decided to refrain from commenting, but alas.

I do agree with you in that there are certainly some comments reflect the atmosphere that is the very problem (whether that became worse over the years, I don't really know). But I also agree with those that note that PZ himself was not free of provocative tendencies either when it came to the race threads, and in that regard there is some irony in that he is leaving on that reason (allegedly, at least).

bauc

I'm sad to see anyone leave but people are people and we all fade in and out eventually from everthing.

Next season, with the start of the new regulations, I think this forum will come back to its best form as we will have plenty of new topics and new developments to explore.

Like this, in a season where after 8 years of the ''same'' regulations we don't really have much to go on about and we are focusing more on daily politics and personal vendettas.

I wish you all happy season and keep your fingers crossed for next years new Formula1!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

hollus

Arguably, this forum is neither about drivers nor about teams, I mean, in the “who wins?” sense, but about cars and hardware. At least that is what got me here in the first place. Some seem to care more about who wins, and that is fair enough too.
Rivals, not enemies.

El Scorchio

SiLo wrote:

Exactly. There are some good insightful posts here which show some people are concerned about how we all conduct ourselves, but then there are some which are just insults toward the guy who has left, some gloating- like getting him to leave was a 'victory', and 'he only left because his favourite team isn't winning any more.' comments. It makes a clear case as to why someone might not want to be on the forum any more. No-one should take any pride in running someone out of town just because they don't follow the same team or driver. That's horrible.

On that 'fairweather fan' thing that some seem to be preoccupied with. The guy had posted on here for thirteen years to the tune of 13000 posts. Way before Hamilton's success, and through the Vettel/RBR championship years. He's hardly some Johnny come lately glory fan who has picked up his ball and gone home just because Mercedes aren't winning this season.

dans79

hollus wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 13:21
Arguably, this forum is neither about drivers nor about teams, I mean, in the “who wins?” sense, but about cars and hardware. At least that is what got me here in the first place. Some seem to care more about who wins, and that is fair enough too.
Yet this very thread has exceptionally "personal" comments by one user about another, and as we have been told told time and time again they are are not acceptable. If they are so unacceptable why are they allowed to stand?
197 104 103 7

dans79

El Scorchio wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 13:53
but then there are some which are just insults toward the guy who has left, some gloating- like getting him to leave was a 'victory', and 'he only left because his favourite team isn't winning any more.' comments.
I have had many conversations with several different moderators over the years that's these are the people that should be removed from the forum. IMo, we see to have an ever increasing number of users that will only post thinly veiled trolling comments in race threads. Then when someone calls them out on it, or responds in kind they are the ones who call the response "weak",or any other adjective they can come up with to try and justify their initial post.
197 104 103 7

Dee
Dee

dans79 wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 14:10
hollus wrote:
Yet this very thread has exceptionally "personal" comments by one user about another, and as we have been told told time and time again they are are not acceptable. If they are so unacceptable why are they allowed to stand?
Maybe because the user that is leaving opened up a thread announcing "People of F1 Technical, this is my last post here, no point continuing to post here". This thread is nothing but personal, it has nothing to do with a technical dscussion about F1 and it was started by the poster themselves.

dans79

Dee wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 14:27
dans79 wrote:
hollus wrote:
Maybe because the user that is leaving opened up a thread announcing "People of F1 Technical, this is my last post here, no point continuing to post here". This thread is nothing but personal, it has nothing to do with a technical dscussion about F1 and it was started by the poster themselves.
It's in the appropriate section "off topic", but either way it's in the rules that comments about users are not allowed, and the moderators have time after times said "personal" comments about other users are not allowed!

In other words You could post something personal, but I'm not allowed to attack you just because you made a personal statement.
197 104 103 7

Dee
Dee

dans79 wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 14:32
Dee wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 14:27
dans79 wrote:

It's in the appropriate section "off topic", but either way it's in the rules that comments about users are not allowed, and the moderators have time after times said "personal" comments about other users are not allowed!

In other words You could post something personal, but I'm not allowed to attack you just because you made a personal statement.
If comments about users are not allowed why start a thread about yourself? What reactions do you want to get?, what are you provoking if you know as a user that has been here for over 13 years that comments about users are not allowed? The poster knows exactly what was going to happen the moment they hit submit. The mods I assume are allowing this thread to continue because the user was the one who started it

I believe this should be locked as it's doing nothing but If the poster wants answers on this thread, answers that can only be personal because they made the topic about themselves, then so be it

dans79

Dee wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 14:39
If comments about users are not allowed why start a thread about yourself? What reactions do you want to get?, what are you provoking if you know as a user that has been here for over 13 years that comments about users are not allowed?
I wouldn't think it needed to be clarieded, but negative personal comments are not allowed.

Secondly, who said he expected reactions?

He might of just made a public post, so he didn't have to pm everyone he has private conversations with to let them know he is leaving. I Know if i just stopped posting one day, some uses that I regularly have private conversations with would want to know what happened to me.

the forum has had prominent users leave before without saying anything, and other users have literally started a "what happened to users XYZ" thread days or weeks later!
Last edited by dans79 on 06 Jul 2021, 15:37, edited 2 times in total.
197 104 103 7

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

I Sincerely Hope you’re not ailing in any way Platinum Zealot.
As a poster of thirteen years with apparently thirteen thousand posts to your credit you are obviously a hardened contributor, so why relinquish your appreciation and Right to defend Hamilton so easily?
Relinquish nothing! Come what may.
Fair weather and a following wind My Friend.