McLaren F1

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
West
West

The McLaren F1 is periodically owned in JGTC, so how can it be so dominant? It should be able to beat the EB110 however.

And for the Veyron, like I said, it's not even out yet, so how can you make a comparison? On paper, the Veyron is running about 300-400 more hp (depending on US or Euro specs) and maybe 400-500 more lbs of torque. Also, it's using small turbochargers, and four of them, so lag "inherently" shouldn't be a problem.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

mclarenf1gtr
mclarenf1gtr

Beyrons...who cares

like i said in a previous statement it dont matter about hp, lbs-ft of torque or 0-60 in a certain amount of second its top speed even tho u cant use it 90% of the time

West
West

Re: Beyrons...who cares

mclarenf1gtr wrote:like i said in a previous statement it dont matter about hp, lbs-ft of torque or 0-60 in a certain amount of second its top speed even tho u cant use it 90% of the time
Well sh*t the Dauer 962 goes 250 mph

And it doesn't matter about hp? How can you go over 200 mph if you don't even have around 500-600 hp?

You sound like an uneducated fanboy :roll:

(That is the first time I have ever used an emoticon.)
Last edited by West on 28 May 2004, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.

mclarenf1gtr
mclarenf1gtr

m

I never heard of that Dauer.
The only things I ever hear of is stuff that is important like cars worth knowing

West
West

If you actually did some research, you'd see that the Dauer 962LM won Le Mans in 1994, which I believe was the year before the McLaren F1 did it. And it has a higher top speed by around 10-15 mph. In the other forum u said it doesn't matter about anything but top speed, and yet this car "surprisingly" has a higher one. Yet you've been proven wrong and act as if this car doesn't exist.

icrashedatdabang
icrashedatdabang

mclaren f1

i heard that the f1 doesnt use regular gas, i think thats why its so fast. if you look at a f1's engine pic you can see 4 little tanks in the back.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well it isn't regular fuel....but it is close to unleaded fuel.

Acording to the FIA:

ARTICLE 19 : FUEL
19.1 Purpose of Article 19:

19.1.1 The purpose of this Article is to ensure that the fuel used in Formula One is petrol as this term is generally
understood.
19.1.2 The detailed requirements of this Article are intended to ensure the use of fuels that are composed of
compounds normally found in commercial fuels and to prohibit the use of specific power-boosting chemical
compounds. Acceptable compounds and compound classes are defined in 19.2 and 19.4.4. In addition, to
cover the presence of low level impurities, the sum of components lying outside the 19.2 and 19.4.4
definitions are limited to 1% max m/m of the total fuel.

walter
walter

i heard that the f1 doesnt use regular gas, i think thats why its so fast. if you look at a f1's engine pic you can see 4 little tanks in the back.
I think this here is about the Mclaren F1, the four gold plated tubular tanks behind the engine... Those are actually the exhaust mufflers. Located close to the end and top of the engine bonnet, they dissipate the heat up and to the back.

and once again... top speed is not the ultimate test of one car's abilities. The mclaren F1 achieves its because it sacrifices a lot for it, a low downforce body(not much grip) really thin front tires(even less cornering grip) higher than expected tire profile in the rear (better for top speed, not better for any sideways traction. So unless youre a hick nascar driver, you would want something else that can keep that damn speed in the corners as well as on the straights.

mclarenf1gtr
mclarenf1gtr

you are absolutely right about those bein the exhaust muffkers but when u said that the f1 had thin front wheels(not goof for corner) and thick back wheels great for top speed...

i disagree on that becuz all u have to do is buy the d*** car and get the wheels changed on it(well the front should be changed but not the back if u still want that top speed). But other than that you are right. Like i said before JUST CHANGE THE FRONT WHEELS IF U WANT BETTER CORNERIN AND TRACTION...

red300zx99
red300zx99

You're confused................seriously confused

dumrick
dumrick

The McLaren was an excellent publicity stunt to sell to arabian princes and multimilionnaires. He did sacrifice it all to have the more shocking values of all production cars of that time (max speed,..., PRICE...).

He never was meant to be a good choice for sportscar lovers (just look at all the remodelling done for the last Le Mans events he entered, for low drag and increased downforce). But, sure, to keep it in the garage as a precious jewel, its the perfect choice.

If you like driving, have lots of money and can rent a racetrack, go for Ferraris, Porsches or Lamborghinis (at least is what I think). The McLaren was never meant to be worn out.

walter
walter

Bravo!

Well said.

I also believe the lotus elise is a wonderful car to drive on the track, It may not do anything close to 200 mph, but I have heard much more praise of it than for the mclaren f1.

sharkie17

oh yes!!

Lotus Elise Exige is my dream car!!

dumrick
dumrick

HELL, how could I forget Lotus?????? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm going to whip myself... bye!

ShoelessJoe
ShoelessJoe

I know the owner of Fila/Tommy Hilfiger, Le Circuit(badass old F1 track) in Mont Tremblant, Quebec owns a black F1