Sim Racing

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.

Best PC F1 sim

GP 4
13%
rFactor
52%
F1 Challenge `99 `02
26%
other?
10%

Total votes: 31

modbaraban

naknak_56 wrote:Yeah but you cant honestly tell me that a game like GTL is sim then as the physics are pretty pathetic.
If the physical model is crappy, that doesn't mean it's not a sim. It may well be a crappy sim :lol: (I never tried it)

I got GTR2
F1C
rF (cracked :oops: )
erm... F1-2002 (the game that made me fall in luv with F1)

m3_lover

where is this cracked version..and can you have the f1 2006 season?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

mahesh248

F1 2002 is an easy game , very easy to drive ..Rh 05 is much more fun not very easy to drive ..

modbaraban

mahesh248 wrote:F1 2002 is an easy game , very easy to drive ..Rh 05 is much more fun not very easy to drive ..
not easy if u compare with NFS :lol:
Last edited by modbaraban on 01 Jun 2007, 07:50, edited 1 time in total.

dumrick

AFAIK, cracked versions of rFactor have an intentional bug that makes the car break down before the end of the races. I'm not 100% sure about this, but it was what I read in forums.

PNSD

Not to be a party spoiler, but a small group of men have worked on this game for the community to mod...

and while i dont mind cracked games from big corporations, iam highly against it on projects such as rFactor.

Though who am I to judge someone.

If you do have cracked version I wouldn't go saying it in forums.

I do realize you put a :oops: face and I guess it acknowledges you did wrong, but still, ifyou have, best keep it hush.

If those links are not validated, best remove them, for the forum sake, because im sure the mods dont want illegal links floating about or infact a discussion about illegaly aquiring ones self a game.

ds.raikkonen

Well, ive only got EA Sports F1 Challenge '99-'02 :oops: , so its da best for me, havent got the other ones
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

modbaraban

@ PNSD You're right. But I found it hard to make a judgement about a sim created for mods by it's 'modless' version.

I don't play it anyway. Only try out the new mods/updates sometimes to 'stay tuned'.

@ dumrick I heard about the bug too. Never driven a anything except the test day mode tho :lol:

Sawtooth-spike

i have to agree that i have no probs in get stuff for free when its from a company who is stupidly overpricing there products. But when it comes down to groups of guys making good quaity games which focus on game play and making the user happy for more than a day, i have no probs handing over my hard earned.

By the way, is there any demos of R-factor?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

RH1300S

Sawtooth-spike wrote:i have to agree that i have no probs in get stuff for free when its from a company who is stupidly overpricing there products. But when it comes down to groups of guys making good quaity games which focus on game play and making the user happy for more than a day, i have no probs handing over my hard earned.

By the way, is there any demos of R-factor?
http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=help_trialsystem

What I would say is that the demo stuff is nowhere near as good as some download stuff once you have the full version

naknak_56

I cant believe no one has has mentioned the best ( but unfortunately unfinished ) sim that ive ever played, and that is NetKar Pro.

This game wiped the floor with anything else ive played but is full of bugs for online play ( last time i checked ).

http://www.netkar-pro.com/download.htm for a download of the demo.
If you can read this your connection is faster than 56k

modbaraban

naknak_56 wrote:I cant believe no one has has mentioned the best ( but unfortunately unfinished ) sim that ive ever played, and that is NetKar Pro.

This game wiped the floor with anything else ive played but is full of bugs for online play ( last time i checked ).

http://www.netkar-pro.com/download.htm for a download of the demo.
Is it good for modding?

@ Sawtooth-spike

demo - 1 click and it's yours :wink:

modbaraban

Ferrari Project

drapin @ RSCnet.org wrote:Ferrari Project is the working title of the next Blimey! Games simulation, so the final name may be different.

Blimey! Games is the development team that created GTR, GT Legends and GTR2. They were known first as SBDT when they were an amateur modding team headed by Ian Bell, than as Simbin when they went commercial. They departed Simbin, but probably due to some legal issues (?), they couldn't retain their original Simbin name.

Simbin employ today a completely different developing team, who made RACE and RACE07.

But the real successor of the extremely successful GTR - GT Legends - GTR2 series will be this Ferrari Project. I'm sure whoever like(d) those 3 simulation will like this sequel too. Don't forget that RACE and RACE07, although released by a company just named Simbin, are not the successors of GTR/GT Legends/GTR2 as far as authorship is concerned !

The author of the most excellent physics of those simulations, Doug Arnaou is working on the physics of this title too. Also, Blimey! has recently acquired the presence in their team of another physics wizard, Eero Piitulainen, who is known previously as being the head developer of Richard Burns Rally, the best rally simulation ever. Also, all or most of the 3D model designers and tracks artists who made GTR/GT Legends/GTR2 are working on this project too.

Ferrari Project (working title) is backed by an official Ferrari license and will be focusing exclusively on Ferrari's finest automobiles throughout history.
RSCnet.org forum topic

Ciro Pabón

I choose last year a simulator to help me with track design. As you can imagine, the main factors I pondered were:

- the ability to simulate the road
- the availability of a good track editor
- price (better if free, I intended to test several of them and I don't want to buy all of them)
- good forums and gamers base
- non-propietary track files

I found in Wikipedia a "most excellent" comparison and I helped a little to build it, with the few things I learned. Perhaps you can fill the few blanks left in the article. Here is a preview:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... simulators

I think is a fair comparison of simulators and it clarifies the differences between them. Besides, it couldn't have more references, if you're interested in the fine points.

I tried netKar Namie, but I ended installing Racer Free Car simulator, because the track files are documented, you can use ZModeler to build the tracks and both tools are free. I know I have severe limitations (I posted elsewhere the problem I have trying to simulate unusual bankings) but it works for a "quick fix".

BTW, I'm looking for a way to move DWG files to Zmodeler, as posted in another thread. Can anyone help?

Another BTW: has anyone built a favorite track for F1 cars? I'd be delighted to try it. I've posted elsewhere the kind of files I can use. viewtopic.php?p=63304#63304

Final BTW: do you know any way to move files from Google's SketchUp to Zmodeler?
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 06 Nov 2007, 15:31, edited 2 times in total.
Ciro

modbaraban

Sorry, I couldn't answer your last PM yet... have you decided yet what to use with the current project? BTW, how I wish it would be Kyiv not Russia :(
Ciro Pabón wrote:BTW, I'm looking for a way to move DWG files to Zmodeler, as posted in another thread. Can anyone help?
No, but I reposted that post of yours to 2 sim-racing forums like 5 hours ago. I'll notify you in case of replies... or you can check here:
forum.RSCnet.org
racesimulations.com

PS: thanx for the wiki link.

EDIT: Some of the data can be incorrect though (I've just made some corrections/additions to the F1Challenge data)
Last edited by modbaraban on 06 Nov 2007, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.