Racingfor.me (aka RU) invites

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
strad

Re: Racingfor.me (aka RU) invites

What does this site even do ?
They have a ton of videos from all kinds of racing.
However what you download is a torrent file which I have never been able to convert (and I've tried a ton of converters) to a more playable format. Maybe I'm just not computer savvy enough although I make and convert other formats.
Many many rules including ones for handing out invites.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Stef

You don't convert a torrent file.

You use it in a torrent software(eg bittorrent) to download the actual video file.

strad

Yeah..I have tried BitTorrent before without luck. However after your comment I went yesterday and re-downloaded it and lo and behold it worked fine. Don't know what I did wrong in the past but it works fine for me now.
Thanks
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

right now I'm pulling my hair out trying to get video I have uploaded to RFM to play for people.
I've had people there offer advise but nothing seems to work. I guess it's just over my head and I'm a stupid old man
I built and operated my own web site for years with no major problem but this has me baffled.
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

@ those requesting an invite..... You do realize they want you to give as well as take don't you?
Sir Stirling Moss