The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
beelsebob
beelsebob

Re: 2012 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa

zyphro wrote:
SeijaKessen wrote:I'd rather not see a repeat of Schumacher/Hill from '95

That was despicable on Schumacher's part.
Would you mind taking those rose tinted glasses off?

In both incidents Hill rammed into Schumacher, yet he is glorified. Explain that one?
I'd pin the latter on Schumacher actually, and the important difference is that even if you say both are Hill's fault, Hill didn't do it deliberately, Schumacher did.

zyphro
zyphro

beelsebob wrote: I'd pin the latter on Schumacher actually, and the important difference is that even if you say both are Hill's fault, Hill didn't do it deliberately, Schumacher did.
I stopped reading there :lol: . You must be having a laugh; it was Schumacher's corner. How exactly was Hill going to get past there?

He wasn't - Schumacher had already made the corner and Hill simply drove into him. Stop it at 0.12-0.13 it's pretty clear.

beelsebob
beelsebob

zyphro wrote:
beelsebob wrote: I'd pin the latter on Schumacher actually, and the important difference is that even if you say both are Hill's fault, Hill didn't do it deliberately, Schumacher did.
I stopped reading there :lol: . You must be having a laugh; it was Schumacher's corner. How exactly was Hill going to get past there?

He wasn't - Schumacher had already made the corner and Hill simply drove into him. Stop it at 0.12-0.13 it's pretty clear.
At 0.12 Hill is sufficiently along side that Schumacher isn't even in view; at 0.13 Hill is on the corner's apex and schumacher is turning in on him. I don't see how you can see this as Hill's fault.

beelsebob
beelsebob

zyphro wrote:I've always wondered this: why is Kimi regarded as the "King of Spa"? I mean, he hasn't won there the most amount of times: Schumacher's won there 6 times. Should've been 7 really, if not for that useless git that is; DC :twisted: :P .
Not really DC's fault if Schumacher drives into the back of him :twisted: :P

LionKing
LionKing

Of course it was DC's fault:

Significantly slowing down on the racing line at a curved section with heavy rain and very low visibility :) Forget about racing, that kind of stupidity would also result in an accident in regular roads.

Later DC also realized this:
"The reality is that I lifted to let him pass me, but I lifted in heavy spray on the racing line. You should never do that. I would never do that now. In 1998, I didn't have the experience and the knowledge, and I had never had someone run into the back of me. And because someone pushes you, you react. So you act as though 'I didn't do that,'"

"The minute I knew he was there, and I was told by the team that he was and was trying to allow him to pass me, I should have made a smarter decision."

"The risk is that it could have been a very dangerous accident for Michael and Nurburgring could have been a very dangerous accident for me," he said....

Cam

maybe not:
For purposes of insurance and policing, the driver of the car that rear-ends the other car is almost always considered to be at fault due to not being within stopping distance or lack of attention. An exception to this rule comes into play if the rear-ended vehicle is in reverse gear.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rear-end_collision

Edit: I wonder if they actually take this into consideration in these types of incidents?
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

marcush.
marcush.

back then you could only say coullthard was a complete idiot to lift in that situation in the middle of a straight...completely mad .
Even in dry conditions one would call this a brake test...which is :forbideen .
You actually saw hot moments a lot when Montoya was still in F1 ..he had a third sense of getting involved into coming togethers of that kind...maybe it´s a south american thing.. see Maldonado. :mrgreen:

Back to the race..it seems entirely possible the race could be run in the wet or in dry wet conditions .i would not rule out Schumacher under those conditions.
Of course no one expects an improvement of 0.5 to 0.8 s per lap over race distance in dry conditions from MGP when Mclaren has found with a very good development step maybe half of this..

zyphro
zyphro

beelsebob wrote:
zyphro wrote:I've always wondered this: why is Kimi regarded as the "King of Spa"? I mean, he hasn't won there the most amount of times: Schumacher's won there 6 times. Should've been 7 really, if not for that useless git that is; DC :twisted: :P .
Not really DC's fault if Schumacher drives into the back of him :twisted: :P
It was, he even admitted it.

zyphro
zyphro

LionKing wrote:Of course it was DC's fault:

Significantly slowing down on the racing line at a curved section with heavy rain and very low visibility :) Forget about racing, that kind of stupidity would also result in an accident in regular roads.

"The reality is that I lifted to let him pass me, but I lifted in heavy spray on the racing line. You should never do that. I would never do that now. In 1998, I didn't have the experience and the knowledge, and I had never had someone run into the back of me. And because someone pushes you, you react. So you act as though 'I didn't do that,'"

"The minute I knew he was there, and I was told by the team that he was and was trying to allow him to pass me, I should have made a smarter decision."

"The risk is that it could have been a very dangerous accident for Michael and Nurburgring could have been a very dangerous accident for me," he said....
Nice one =D> .

NathanOlder

Never mind, with the luck Hakkinen had at the start, it was only fair for Michael not to finish :D
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

beelsebob
beelsebob

NathanOlder wrote:Never mind, with the luck Hakkinen had at the start, it was only fair for Michael not to finish :D
Plus, DC caused the most awesome crash ever at the start of that race, so it's only fair to give him credit :P

zyphro
zyphro

beelsebob wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:Never mind, with the luck Hakkinen had at the start, it was only fair for Michael not to finish :D
Plus, DC caused the most awesome crash ever at the start of that race, so it's only fair to give him credit :P
It was more than just a "crash" :lol: .

SeijaKessen

zyphro wrote:
LionKing wrote:Of course it was DC's fault:

Nice one =D> .
At least he admitted to it...which is something Schumacher seems to have had difficulty doing throughout his career.

NathanOlder

beelsebob wrote:

If I can remember , The camera's couldnt see what actually happened to DC at the start of the first start. Did he just drop it on his own ? or could he have been tipped into a spin ? he certainly veered across the track pretty quickly!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

zyphro
zyphro

SeijaKessen wrote:
At least he admitted to it...which is something Schumacher seems to have had difficulty doing throughout his career.
Admitted it, what 5 years later?

Re. Schumacher - get real, the man in your avatar doesn't have a glorified 'black-and-white' history in his (tragically) short-lived career, does he (I can see exactly what your aim is here :roll: )?

Senna set the standards, for which, the next generation of drivers emulated. I love how Senna fans jump on Michael, yet, they seem to forget he intentionally took out Prost in Japan and won the title. If fans such as yourself, brand Schumacher a cheat. What is Senna then?

When you go through what Senna did, he was no different to Schumacher: they were both ruthless drivers, that's all there is to it.