The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Joie de vivre

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth

and yet they wonder why they suck

JayeOFarrell

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth

That just made me laugh, what are they playing at really?
“Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all.”
― Vincent van Gogh

SeijaKessen

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

The vaunted AMG division had a little mishap at the Nurburgring.

I suppose it is fitting since that AMG badging doesn't seem to be worth much these days looking at the way the F1 team is.

http://jalopnik.com/5950876/mercedes-sl ... urburgring

clipsy1H

FIA must ban this team for rest of this season.... such a shame till end of this season they'll fight with Caterham

Imido_30

Pathetic! This team is really a shame to German manufacturing. And they say this is a circuit that suits the car hahaha! What a joke. I was sad and angry because MSC quit but now I'm feeling fine. Great decision Michael! Well done!!

tomaswrx

Guys, how do you like Mercs "progress" race after race.... :shock:

Mestrades

Hamilton doesn't know where he is going... His patience isn't the same than Michael's. It will be funny this pathetic team the next year. Hamilton fans... remember these words!

Morteza

Mestrades wrote:Hamilton doesn't know where he is going... His patience isn't the same than Michael's. It will be funny this pathetic team the next year. Hamilton fans... remember these words!
I just wish Michael weren't that patient with this crap team. They don't deserve patience at all. If someone had shouted at those guys all would know better how the situation is. I wonder if it is Norbert and Ross designing these cars :wtf:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

RB7ate9

Re: 2012 Korean GP - Yeong-Am

At this point, Alonso would like to have Webber be the Ferrari No. 1.5 Driver and take poles and (hopefully) upper points positions from Vettel.

LionKing

Cylinder wrote:
myurr wrote: Have to agree. For me Alonso and Hamilton have been the consistent stand out drivers this year. I say that as a Hamilton fan and usual Alonso critic, but credit where it's due. Vettel has had a couple of really strong performances earlier in the year but at other times has put in very average performances. It's only been since the Red Bull started dominating that his championship challenge has really come alive. He's still probably best of the rest for me, but in my view he's a step below Alonso and Hamilton.

It's clear as day....and that's why I have a real problem with Vettel being a 3x WDC, it's just a bit too much, where was "Super Seb" when he was getting outqualified by webber, missed Q3 at least twice, he look nothing like dominant, he has 0 answer to Lewis on the occassions when Lewis had a fast and reliable car.

Come on now, he's a top driver, but 3X Consecutive WDC is a bit much now and so are people who are making out like Vettel has suddenly found speed out of nowhere.....it's called Adrian Newey and the Red Bull development team have pulled another rabbit out of the hat.

Hamilton has had the most ridiculous bad luck but like I said, Alonso is not a moron, there is a reason he says Vettel isnt in the same league as Hamilton and that's because he can see the difference between the car and driver.
When McLAren had the fastest car in the still Vettel was usually the better performer in the race:

Vettel 18 - 10 25 8 12 12 -- 15 10 12 18 -- 25 25 25
LewisH 15 15 15 4 4 10 25 -- 4 -- 25 -- 25 -- 10 1

Three races Vettel did not score. He was on route for P4 at Malaysia till he got his rear tire shredded by Kartkiheyan. He was 20 seconds in front in Valencia when the alternator gave up. With the pace he had he was on route to P4 at Monza too. He has one 6th place, one fifth place (after penalty dropped him 3 places at Germany), everything else he had better (at least before the DNFs and staff)

He had always answer to Lewis. In the first race Australia Mclaren had 7 tenths on RBR at qualifying but Lewis was slower than both his teammate and Vettel at that race.

Alonso has just a vested interest in that he was beaten by that particular rookie...
Last edited by LionKing on 14 Oct 2012, 11:00, edited 2 times in total.

Traction

lol at all the Vettel haters moaning and coming up with ridculous comments about why this and why that but in the end imo Vettel , Newey and the team have enabled the Red Bull to be at the top. What so called experts around here forget is is that Newey doesn`t drive the car ....Vettel does and and the end of the day its Vettel that brings home the wins...Hi overtaking moves this year and frankly even in the past have shown how brilliant he can be when mixing it up. Well done to Seb for a stunning race and for leading from start to finish. Heres hoping that he goes on to dominate the rest of the season and rightfully take his place as 3 x WDC and be one of the greatest drivers of F1.

Webber was never in with a chance but a good second none the less. Just has no race pace compared to his team mate.

Alonso drove well but was helped into a better position by team orders. Massa should have been on the podium imo as he was ready to dominate Alonso in Korea at least.

Hamilton has never looked so good wearing green while been pummeled left right and centre...funny to watch :lol: but admittidly he drove well in a car that was an absolute dog. Mixing it up with the lower echelon cars was entertaining yet futile. Respect for him in not giving up and just pulling the car over. Lesser drivers probably would have. Hes a racer at heart.
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

hotochan

Cylinder wrote:... The key with Vettel is to get him RACING, he doesnt like racing, he's front runner, if you get get him to race as button showed in Canada last year.....things can happen.
in fact, vettel DID some serious racing THIS SEASON. just a case of selective perception again...

Cylinder

LionKing wrote:[

When McLAren had the fastest car in the still Vettel was usually the better performer in the race:

Three races Vettel did not score. He was on route for P4 at Malaysia till he got his rear tire shredded by Kartkiheyan. He was 20 seconds in front in Valencia when the alternator gave up. With the pace he had he was on route to P4 at Monza too. He has one 6th place, one fifth place (after penalty dropped him 3 places at Germany), everything else he had better (at least from the DNFs and staff)
Are you serious, listen I cannot stand Mclaren F1, but when they had the fastest car lewis had the most ridiculous luck, anyone can pull a table of points out from somewhere and interpret them to suit them, but where in the points table does it show the constant pit stop failures which cost Hamilton races??? And that's before we start talking about broken Gearboxes when he is in P1, and other problems with the car.

Even today, Hamilton had ANOTHER dodgy pit stop, then the astro turf comes up and gets rooted in his car.....where do you show this on your table of points. Number's alone do not tell you who is better than who, circumstances do....and when Vettel did not have the best car....he struggled to outqualify webber, missed q3 a couple of times and was no where near dominant in the way he was in 2011.

Those number's dont conclude anything. :lol:

Traction

Cylinder wrote:

Three races Vettel did not score. He was on route for P4 at Malaysia till he got his rear tire shredded by Kartkiheyan. He was 20 seconds in front in Valencia when the alternator gave up. With the pace he had he was on route to P4 at Monza too. He has one 6th place, one fifth place (after penalty dropped him 3 places at Germany), everything else he had better (at least from the DNFs and staff)
Are you serious, listen I cannot stand Mclaren F1, but when they had the fastest car lewis had the most ridiculous luck, anyone can pull a table of points out from somewhere and interpret them to suit them, but where in the points table does it show the constant pit stop failures which cost Hamilton races??? And that's before we start talking about broken Gearboxes when he is in P1, and other problems with the car.

Even today, Hamilton had ANOTHER dodgy pit stop, then the astro turf comes up and gets rooted in his car.....where do you show this on your table of points. Number's alone do not tell you who is better than who, circumstances do....and when Vettel did not have the best car....he struggled to outqualify webber, missed q3 a couple of times and was no where near dominant in the way he was in 2011.

He made an error going wide resulting in the astro turf lodging where it did.
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

LionKing

Cylinder wrote:

Maybe if you insist on being blind. It just refutes "where was Vettel when his car wasn't fastest?", "he can't race" nonsense . The answer is he was always there at the front. He finished 4th in Monaco starting 11th, he did it without safety car, etc to shuffle the field.

There is a reason why astro turf was stuck on Lewis's car. He was the one who ran wide at that particular corner. When McLAren had the fastest car, Lewis let Button win the first race and he couldn't win anything till the 7th race.

and with todays dodgy pit stop, i don't know how many seconds he lost but lets assume he finished 77 seconds behind instead of 80...
Last edited by LionKing on 14 Oct 2012, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.