EURO 2004

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Monstrobolaxa

Well I'm damn happy.....but I didn't see the whole game! during the second half I was watching a program about airplane crashs....but during the penalty kicks....I couldn't look at the tv.....to give you an idea....I lost my voice at the end due to all the screeming!!! :lol:

pompelmo

right on!!!It was a breath takong match!!
Today it's going to be interesting!!!
France vs. Greece!

Monstrobolaxa

Well I just say a replay of the game...and there were 2 players in the goaly area the "black" player did in fact score....but the other player had his arms over Portugals goaly....I realy think it the goal was ilegal...and suposedly the player "huging" Ricardo should have received a yellow card!

Steven
Owner

Francee :cry: :cry:
I can't believe how you can play so badly when every single member of the team is just so technically good... Gallas wasn't really good on that position, and no I cannot believe what Trezeguet had been doing all this tournament.

Now I'm going to support the Dutch team, contrary to most Belgian who kind of hate them :shock:

Monstrobolaxa

Hey Tomba....if you don't support Portugal....I'll stop posting!!! :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Steven
Owner

hehe who is saying I don't?

I was hoping/expecting the following for the quarter finals:
POR-ENG: 3-2
FRA-GRE: 2-0
SWE-HOL: 0-2
TSJ-DEN: 3-2

Now that france is out, I'd love to see either Portugal or Holland win Euro2004. However I think that might be difficult for Holland, they might well be up for a surprise.

icef1mkd

pompelno, otkud si ti prijatelju? Zivio!
steta kaj slovenija ne sudjeluje na ovom natjecanju, ne?
"You will never know the feeling of a driver
when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings
that cannot be understood."
Ayrton Senna, November 1988

pompelmo

Hay, icef1mkd! :shock:
Slovenija ni na EP 2004, ker je spušila proti Hrvaški! :lol:
No ja, pa bomo pršli na svetovno prvenstvo!!

Slovenia isn't on EC 2004 because they lost against Croatia!
Well, we'll be on WC!!

Spencifer_Murphy

Hehehe, France are out. Although I do like the French team (What an awesome squad). I have a frence friend who laughed at me (And everyone else in our common room at College) the moment he saw us the day after the England vs Portugal match. Its like revenge...I think he laughed too soon! HAHA.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Monstrobolaxa

Spencifer

go to the following site:

http://www.euro2004.com/News/Kind=1/newsId=202214.html

UEFA considers the refs decision correct in the game against Portugal...it was an illegal goal!

Seems to me that someone is holding the goaly back!!!

pompelmo

Hay, Monstrobolaxa!
Are you off celebrating portugal's win??
I'm quite happy for your win!!
Nice game!

Monstrobolaxa

\:D/ well this is my only celebration!!!

I'm studying for an exam on saturday.....just took a brake to eat a ham and cheese sandwish..... :lol:

Spencifer_Murphy

Monsto, thanx 4 the link. I still think its a legal goal lol. Nah honestly i do. I don't think UEFA will say "Oh yeah the ref made a decision tht effected the out come of the championship by putting out the home nation" It would mean UEFA face public humiliation. Besides, Terry is looking at the ball...not the keeper, he couldn't move out the way cos Sol Campbell was behind him.

Neway the official verdict is tht it wasnt a goal, its in the past and whats done is done. I don't hold grudges. And I really hope Portugal win the competition. Not only does it make us look gd (we went out only cos we lost to the eventual winners) lol, but more seriously I have a few friends in portugal and I know they would love to see them win. GO ON PORTUGAL!!!

Monstrobolaxa

In any case the goaly (Ricardo) was held up by a player....in the keepers area! The english player was lucky not to get a yellow card!

Spencifer_Murphy

Why should a yellow card be given when no offence was committed...the keeper was not hindered intentionally by the player. Our player who allegedly held up the keeper was trapped between the keeper and our player who headed the ball (Sol Campbell), so he couldn't have moved out of the way of the keeper.

Another piont is that the alleged offence committed was that the keeper was held up...I think we are all in agreement that there was no pushing involed between John Terry & Ricardo...so why did the refferee say he pushed him? The referee made bad decisions throughout the entire game, to both Endland AND Portugal. If England had won I would not be suprised if the Portugese went in uproar against the ref, after all they have every right to. Not once in that entire match did the referee make any decision that one could say "Wow, now that was good refereeing" or "Yeah, that was a very good decision by the referee".

A final piont is, Why was it a Swiss ref?! England played the swiss in the group stages, therefore he was not an unbiased ref, he must have been wanting for Portugal to win (Even if only a very little bit).

The match itself however, was abolutely fantastic. And I am proud that we where part of such an amazing display of nailing biteing action. It is just a shame that such a good match was blighted by extremely poor refereeing. Both teams played good, clean football and one of them was bound to get penalised by poor refereeing. It was always going to happen because that's what happens when the referee is crap. It is as simple as that, one of those teams was going to leave that stadium heart-broken due to a bad referee...its just a shame that it was us (Or if you are portugese it isnt a shame...its a blessing lol).

Anyway what's done is done...Greece are now winning (SOMEHOW?!) so common Portugal PULL YOUR SOCKS UP, go out and WIN THIS MATCH.

COME ON PORTUGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!