The return of Schumacher and Manchild (split from MSC thread)

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Steven
Owner

Re: The return of Schumacher and Manchild (split from MSC thread

Sorry to spoil the party here... but manchild posts, and 14 posts completely off-topic follow :D I hope this will not become a habit...

Anyway, welcome back! As well as for Schumi, even though I'm not such a great fan of his ;)

Carlos

Welcome back Manchild, for me, your return to the F1T Forum is much more important than MS returning to the track. Seeing you post again makes 2010 truly a Happy New Year.

:) Most Definitely :)

Ted68

A great day indeed!

I feel a return to normalcy already. It just isn't the same here without you.

So many new people here and it has unfortunately taken on a strong bit of the regular 'net forum feel of personal attacks and one dominant poster with nearly constant, yet subtle, fascist-style demands for censorship. You'll figure out who soon enough. The two of you should have fun.

Our little Ciro is all grown up and has become a moderator. (Although he did censor the Todt-Swastika flag you sent me. :lol: )

The 2010 season will be much better now.

Welcome back Mr. Smith :D
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

DaveKillens

Although it's late at night here, cold and desolate, I could not feel any better.

Manchild, it is truly a great thing to witness you back in F1T. I am honestly overwhelmed with emotion, and eagerly anticipate what the future will bring.

Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

bhall

Anyone up for a good political discussion? :wink:

This place just got interesting again.

mx_tifoso

DaveKillens wrote:Manchild, it is truly a great thing to witness you back in F1T. I am honestly overwhelmed with emotion, and eagerly anticipate what the future will bring.
+1

Although to be honest I'm a little scared of what all of this might lead to. For a taste just read the first page of this thread...
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

manchild

Don't worry, that was only to warm up the forum during cold winter break. I'll behave. :wink:

My predictions are that Schuey won't be able to fight for more than 5th or 6th place, and he just isn't able to stay in the middle of the pack. It will be fun to watch him being over optimistic, and doing whatever it takes to get on top.

Mercedes has an opening for his replacement already. So, he is driving on probation. :mrgreen:

tk421

welcome back manchild. i can still remember your last post when you left! :D you predict schumacher in the middle of the pack; i'm interested to see where rosberg will be in relation to him throughout the year. can't wait for the season to start!
Best regards. I guess this explains why I'm not at my post!

DaveKillens

Don't worry mx, slagging Michael Schumacher is not on my agenda. In fact, I sincerely hope Michael captures the WDC within the next three years. (I'm a closet Ferrari fan) And when you try to place things in their proper perspective, what Piquet Jr did (deliberately crashing his car)was more more a transgression of driver conduct.
It's a new year, and Michael is making a fresh start. It's only fair to him to put the past in the past, and eagerly anticipate a VERY exciting season coming up.

Pandamasque

DaveKillens wrote:I sincerely hope Michael captures the WDC within the next three years. (I'm a closet Ferrari fan)
Pst! He's not racing for Ferrari anymore :)

And crashing into a barrier on purpose to hopefully gain strategic advantage for your team mate in a race is not as a bad as deliberately crashing into your opponent to gain the drivers championship immediately (twice, with mixed success).

DaveKillens

Pandamasque wrote:
DaveKillens wrote:I sincerely hope Michael captures the WDC within the next three years. (I'm a closet Ferrari fan)
Pst! He's not racing for Ferrari anymore :)

And crashing into a barrier on purpose to hopefully gain strategic advantage for your team mate in a race is not as a bad as deliberately crashing into your opponent to gain the drivers championship immediately (twice, with mixed success).
Well, that was one massive brain fart. I stand corrected.

Trust me, I'm fully aware of Michael Schumacher's controversies. But I'm sincere in my desire to give the guy a fresh start. And if he becomes involved in any controversy, I will deal with it as a separate issue from his previous Benetton and Ferrari days.

There are a lot of very nice people in this forum, many Ferrari or Schumacher fans. They don't need constant reminding of past transgressions. For some of them it must seem like they are baby seals being clubbed.
I'm very familiar with Jerez '97, or Adelaide '94. But hey, they happened over ten years ago, maybe it's time to loosen the grip on old history.

Pandamasque

The more recent history is not much better, and people rarely change. I hope he won't be in position to repeat anything like that though.
And by no means I wanted say Ferrari or Schumacher fans can't be nice people.

DaveKillens

We just have to see how it all plays out. Michael has been away from a competitive seat for three years, and re-starting his career.

Many years ago I fell on hard times, did some pretty stupid things, and paid for it. But when it was all over, certain people gave me a second chance, and I was able to reward their faith in me. Who knows what Michael will do, but I'm a firm believer in giving people a fair, second chance. Even Michael.

xpensive

To my mind, MS should be given every credit for having the guts to give it a shot after three years away from active racing. With the current testing-regulations, he's not going to have that much time to get up to speed, see the difficulties for Fisichella just to switch teams?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Ray

Well, there goes the neighborhood! :roll: :lol: Welcome back Manchild, though I wasn't around for too long before you left and I stand to learn a hell of alot now that you are back.

Michael Schumacher has some real cajones coming back into F1. He's it's most successful driver and coming back and possibly running midpack, or if the Brawn is good, winning regularly is I think a no-win scenario. People will call for him to leave again if he starts winning regularly, praise him to no end and be annoying Schumacher fans (nothing wrong with being a fan, just be a little over the top), OR he'll get destroyed by the ridiculous media if he doesn't do exactly that. His reputation hopefully won't be damaged, but I think he's in a very tight spot. All that said I can't help but admire the man for jumping into the deep end simply because he just loves to drive. Here's hoping he does well and that Corinna doesn't kill him for returning!