F1 fanaticity!

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

F1 fanaticity!

Well lets talk about fanaticity.....

Well I haven't lost a F1 GP since Ti-Aida 1995 (I fell asleep before the start of the race)....I have all GP since 1997 on tape....I have 169 Minichamps die-cast models scale 1/43 and 21 scale 1/18.....around 60 Formula 1 books (tech and none tech)....subscriber of F1 Racing mag since 1996.....Racecar Engineering subscriber since the begining of this year...though I have the collection from 1993 to 1997....I have almost 30 F1 merchandise T-shirts.....quite a few signed pics (by Hill, Alesi, Mazzacane, Lamy, Regazzoni, Verstappen).....Damon Hill fan club member for 4 years......a few paintings (2 of them signed by the driver). And that's basicly it....oh just remembered....have been to every F1 test at the Estoril track since 2001....in one of them a security officer had to pull me down from a fence at turn 1.....the test was closed to public...and me and my dad had driven 200 km just to watch the test....DAMN MICHELIN ENGINEERS, WHAT'S THE BIG SECRECY :?:

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

I was expecting some of your fanatism facts... :)

West
West

I have the Ferrari 2003 team shirt, 2003 BMW shirt, 2004 Renault shirt, 1:18 HotWheels F2002 and R23, Minichamps 1:18 MP4/17D and FW25.

Also own a Maisto 2000 Audi R8, AutoArt 1999 Toyota GTOne, AutoArt 2001 Corvette C5R, and numerous others which I think the quality sucks. Plan to get a Minichamps 2001 M3 GTR and possibly BAR006. I would like to see the 2003 Bentley Speed 8 in 1:18 w/ opening doors; i hate AutoArt's shelled body crap.

The only books I own are the F1 2002/2003 analysis and Racecar Aerodynamics by that guy who writes for Racecar Engineering. I read F1 Racing but am starting to read Racecar Engineering more.

I have recorded a lot of 2003 and 2004 races on VHS, because I don't want to wake up in the morning to watch it. I'm a big F1 fan, but not THAT big.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

pompelmo
pompelmo

Ok!
I've got a ferrari 5mx3m flag and a smaller 1,5mx1m ferrari flag!
3 MS Ferrari caps (1999, 2003, 2004), a Ferrari cap with original
signature of Jean Alesi! Senna, JV and Renault F1 caps!
A F1 scarp (?),a ferrari F1 2000 model, a ferrari F1 2004 season
polo T-shirt!
And with my friend we are building a car that will look like a F1 car!
I also know a girl that got Ayron Senna's signature at san marino GP
few hours before he died!

Spencifer_Murphy

I am an absolutely huge F1 fan. But being only 17 I really don't have the money to buy loadz of merchandise and books and magazines etc. But I do draw up my own designs for F1 cars, some of which I subsequently saw racing on real F1 cars...but they must have been testing the same thing for months before I thought of it. Still nice to know though ain't it?

I think what got me hooked the most was the technology, especially the aerodynamic side of it.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

sandeep
sandeep

im still a student ,a mech engg student. its really mouthwatering to hear u guys can actually get a copy if Race Car engg. i have been searching for that some time now . seems like no one has ever heard of it in india. DAMN! no good books as well .DAMN AGAIN.

could u guys help me with a an e-copy of a race car engg issue pls.

can someone tell me how much it would cost for an intl subscriber(race car engg) and cost of the buk race car aero .

Stas
Stas

My mom got David Chulchard blow up doll. :P