Renault presentation

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Steven
Owner

Renault presentation

Watched some pictures of the new R23 from Renault, and it seems to me like they are in fond of the design of two teams last year...

First, the nose cone is particularly Ferrari-like, very low, but with a clear area under the nose, which generated the extra amount of downforce on the front wheels for Ferrari in 2002.
the back instead is somehow a mixture of the Mclaren from 2002, and the one from the year before. If you watch carefully, your can see that behind the chimneys (from McLaren 2001) there is a flip-up à la Williams, but above that a shape that was designed by Newey in 2002 as a replacement for the chimneys. Renault seems to have found the best way of both, and implemented both these items (with the chimney looking like it was in a storm and it was bent by the wind...

I must also note that the exhausts are like the F2001, and not like last year's Ferrari, in contrast to all previous teams who had be copying that from the F2002. :wink:

So far my opinions... what are yours?