New WilliamsF1 FW25

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Steven
Owner

New WilliamsF1 FW25

I have been awaiting this moment for a while now, as they may be considered to be the most important contender for Ferrari next year.

The 31st january 2003 was the day, but when the cover came off, I was quite disappointed. I was expecting some revolutionary car, but instead, if was nothing more than a new design, with what I would consider to be a drawing with one eye still on the FW24. :shock:
Unless the nosecone changes, which is higher at the bottom, more pointy and lower at the front, I can only speak of evelution instead of the awaited revolution.
One thing that should be noted is the very very thin front wing, and a small rear and, though not radically lower than on last year's FW24.

Considering their very powerful BMW engine, it might be a race winner, but I think that McLaren will be more likely to be one, if at least they are supplied with a powerful enough engine.

After all.. we know a little more now, but to me it's rather a disappointment :?

Jukebox

Re: New WilliamsF1 FW25

i noticed that the front suspension build up had been changed as opposed to last year's car and maybe they have finally realised of the potentials that most team's adopted from the originally Sauber design. Wonder if they still uses coil spring at the rear end?

And they also uses bargeboards as oppose to turning vanes in between the suspension build up this year. Ironically BAR adopted their last year's design and did anyone notice the lips at the rear end of BAR for this season's contender?
Ferrari forever....

Pifive
Pifive

Williams Copy cat

:?

Williams copy...Wilis is having fun gaining respect with already ideas implanted in FW24

Steven
Owner

@Juke:
I'm not sure what lips you are talking about, but I can think of two different things.
1. Those standing flips aside of the rear wheels, as a prolongation of the flip ups.. that's kind of an idea stolen from the FW24. Do keep in mind they are not the only team who adopted that :wink:
2. Flips at the rear end of the rear wing end plates, kind of gurney flaps, but not directly to gain downforce, although eventually that will be the effect. These little flaps slow air that passes the end plate at the outside, thus generating some lowered pressure right behind the flap. That area is most likely to be filled with faster flowing air passing beween the end plates, under the wing elements, and thereby contributing to overall rear downforce :idea:
EDIT: those second type flips were spotted on the F2002 :D

Jukebox

Tomba....take an aerial view of the BAR and you'll see that just after the periscope exhaust exit, there's an extended lip intended to allow better flow....it looked silly to me just like their poking exhaust pipes early last year :roll:
Ferrari forever....

Trek
Trek

rep:williams

well.... every thing you said is right but i think that williams is depinding on the BMW's very strong engine and i heard that Ralf & Montoya don't feel comfortable with there new chasis so mclaren is the one who can challenge the new ferrari F-2003ga

Steven
Owner

Very true!
Although they have shown some performance during the last days, it is far from what could be achieved with such a powerful engine.

Mario Thiessen already told the Stuttgarter Nachrichten newspaper:
"Some things are occurring that we are not able to understand right away. We'll have to investigate why the car is not fast."

not such a good sign if you ask me. It shows even more that BMW are still not satisfied with the level of performance shown by Williams.