2 stroke thread (with occasional F1 relevance!)

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
tok-tokkie

Re: 2 stroke thread (with occasional F1 relevance!)

Post by tok-tokkie » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:42 am

Congratulations.

( I noticed that that Boeing 1 man helicopter contest has announced the winner. Bit like a flying motorcycle. )

manolis

Post by manolis » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:36 am

Thanks Tok-Tokkie.

You write:
"I noticed that that Boeing 1 man helicopter contest has announced the winner. Bit like a flying motorcycle."

It is not the final winner.
The final "Fly-Off" was initially scheduled for the September 2019, now it is postponed for the February of 2020. And, by then, who knows.

As far as I know, the so-far winners, ten for the Phase-I (20,000U$ each) and five for the Phase-II (50,000$ each), all are battery powered.

The existing battery technology cannot yet meet the initial rules of the BOEING-GoFly competition:

"Design and build a safe, quiet, ultra-compact, near-VTOL personal flying device capable of flying 20 miles while carrying a single person."

They already changed their own rules, which is not only unfair, it is illegal, too.

BOEING should be ashamed for it, as well as for the lack of transparency of their contest

By the way, the 20 miles is already a very short distance for a useful Flying Machine.

In any case, only the future will prove who is right and who is wrong.

Thanks
Manolis Pattakos

J.A.W.

Post by J.A.W. » Fri May 10, 2019 6:24 am

Well done Manolis for getting your engine realized in metal form.

If I might suggest, there is a fellow two-stroke ethusiast (in the EU) who might be interested in helping.
See the 2-stroke developments thread in the 'bucket racing' section of the Kiwi-biker forum.

& while on that subject, well done too, to fellow forum member here, 'Uniflow', who, by posting the
developments he's made - in this thread as well, has been able to show that KTM's claims of 'invention'
in their patent application for their 2T TPI system - were unsustainable, & duly disallowed, on this basis.
Dr Zachary Smith sez..
"Yes.. spare us your ridiculous remarks, you insensitive idiot!"

Pinger

Post by Pinger » Sun May 12, 2019 12:02 pm

J.A.W. wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:24 am

See the 2-stroke developments thread in the 'bucket racing' section of the Kiwi-biker forum.
Link????
(Tried to find it but couldn't and search facility denied without registration).

J.A.W.

Post by J.A.W. » Tue May 14, 2019 4:23 am

Magic word?

Your 'google fu' seems to be a bit weak, Pinger. Try this, if interested.

Go to 'Kiwi biker forum', then to the section on 'Competition' > 'Buckets' >'ESE's works engine tuner' thread.

Its a massive data-base for 2T stuff.
Dr Zachary Smith sez..
"Yes.. spare us your ridiculous remarks, you insensitive idiot!"

Pinger

Post by Pinger » Tue May 14, 2019 11:01 am

Thanks J.A.W. - found it now.

manolis

Post by manolis » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:24 pm

Hello all.

"Lost Pattern" casting.

Thanks
Manolis Pattakos

tok-tokkie

Post by tok-tokkie » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:42 am

The first post of the castings I did not appreciate that they were lost wax castings. I had expected you to cnc them out of billet aluminium - thinking that would be quicker for the pre production engines.
Now I appreciate what you have done. Made a master for the lost wax models so you can now economically & comparatively easily turn out more to order.
I have been really fascinated by this project.