minardi/jordan cars.

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
felipezsc
felipezsc

minardi/jordan cars.

To tell you the truth i would like to know more about the aerodynamics of the cars from jordan and minardi...and whats the problem with it. Of course engines can get up the field, but how good are the aerodynamics of their cars and what should they do to make it better. (sadly i dont know enough to answer this question myself) :(

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

well....I don't know how much time you spend watching F1....but after seeing for 3/4 times qualifying for the first 3 races I noticed that minardis main problem is the rear suspension it seems that they can't set it up that well....the rear of the car is all over the place....but Jos and Wilson are doing a great job in keeping the car pointing in one direction!!!

humm..Jordan...well...no major problem there....but like you said both Minardi and jordan could use an extra 50+ hp! Jordans biggest head ache is the gearbox....

felipezsc
felipezsc

I saw today's qualifying and to tell you the truth i think the jordan looked more loose than the minardis. Could dampers solve the problem. to tell you the truth i dont really like jordans nose...it doesnt look satable. I also think that minardi should make its rear chimneys larger. (how the heck do you post pictures one this thing!!)

For Minardi its easy. The engine is not good enough, to old. For Jordan, good engine but the rest.....................?

Steven
Owner

good engine is kind of a positive view on it eh.. it's still a one year old spec, so it simply cannot be that strong

about the nose, well I do think the jordan nose is quite well designed, but with the eye on few drag, and not so much on downforce, where as far as I know start all the problems. Front wing has to generate more downforce; more drag; more turbulence, less fluent inlet into the sidepods, less coolance, less power, and less downforce from the diffuser. Quite a problem I guess.

As far as Minardi, well you can see how large the front area of the sidepods is compared to any other team, and the nose doesn't look that fluent in my point of view either. Sure is they do struggle with the rear suspension, but Minardi has been producing such nervous cars for years. I think they should discover a new Newey or something, who can set the record straight

felipezsc
felipezsc

solution

So in all what do you think the solution should be for minardi, should they just lower the nose a tad...cuz it looks a lot the the BAR nose. To tell you the truth i dont even know why they put a side pod on their car...i mean seriously that has got to be the sh*tiest pod i have ever seen. But atleast they have a break now that bearnei has joined in with the team.

As for jordan i really liked their cars from the time when frenzen won with them. I just wished they evolved it more. i have no idea why they dont also change the sidepod design like all the other teams CLICK ON PICKTURE and look at the curved thing on the side pod that covers the airflow over the rear tires. Thanks for the tip about the pic TOMBA :wink:

http://www.f1racing.net/photo_large.php3?ID=18826 (renault pic)

http://www.f1racing.net/photo_large.php3?ID=18827 (jordan pic)

To tell you the truth i also like how the jaguar is looking...i really wish Fisichella would join the team.

Steven
Owner

Re: solution

felipezsc wrote:...To tell you the truth i dont even know why they put a side pod on their car...i mean seriously that has got to be the sh*tiest pod i have ever seen. But atleast they have a break now that bearnei has joined in with the team. ...
What do you mean? That the Minardi side pod just sucks? well yes, but its kind of inspired of the F2002's sidepod. Although a little heavier looking. It's got that hobble in the upperside. It steeply goes up, towards where the fuel opening is, and then slowly slopes down towards the end.. wasn't there with last year's Minardi. Speaking of their front wing, well BAR's looks a lot faster actually (at least that is my opinion).

what's about the bearnei thing? don't get it :?

felipezsc
felipezsc

sorry

Did i say side pods, i meant barge boars...so here's a leson kids: proof read before adding a post. I do agree with you that the side pods do look a little heavier than the f2002s. In my opinion i think that a small team like minardi should just completely copy a car from the front of the field (like ferrari). They should have learned that from STEWART. Back to the side pods...not barge boards :lol: , i think that it looks like a cross with farraris and renaults side pods... at least thats what i think. I also think that they should do away with that barge board cuz it just looks useless.

P.S. havent you heard? beanie ((bernie) i really dont know how to spell it) Ecclestone bought a share of minardi during the grand prix. its said to be worth about 4 million or so. I also heard a rumor that he paid off some of their debts. thats what i meant with the bearnie thing.

P.P.S is it the next grand prix that the new mclaren will be up and running?