Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
etusch

Re: Honda Power Unit

Honda is continuing with its aggressive development plan, with further improvements expected later in the season to bolster the update introduced at Monza.

carisi2k

Maybe Honda might have 4 cars in 2018 instead of only 2 with the Red Bull Renault relationship apparently at it's end according to reports. The Honda engine might make leaps and bounds with Red Bull technology assistance.

nzjrs

ZakB wrote:
14 Sep 2017, 10:30
nzjrs wrote:
14 Sep 2017, 10:22
Nicktendo86 wrote:
14 Sep 2017, 10:08
I mean, we've heard this all before. Multiple times.
Perhaps, but Wazari's batting average is quite a bit higher than other sources.
He's proven wrong various times.
Wow. How f'ing insightful ZakB.

If only there was a mathematical operation which accounted for variations sampling a value, perhaps combining them together in some way. I imagine it would be useful in sports, such as when the variability of an action, batting for example, is quite high, but over enough repetitions the true underlying distribution would emerge. I expect such a mathematical operation would also be useful in spoken language when explaining concepts.

I propose calling it the 'Zaverage'.

etusch

asendra
asendra

I just wanted to share some info that a Spanish newspaper posted yesterday about how bad the Honda situation is.
https://www.elconfidencial.com/amp/depo ... n_1442947/

First of all, sorry if I translate some terms incorrectly. I'm just a car fan with zero real technical knowledge in engines.

The gist of it is they claim Honda engineers did an experiment at Sakura this summer, putting the SuperGT ICE (4cil 2000cc) with the fuel and lubricants used in Formula 1 on the dyno, to try understand how much they were worth and to quantify the real power loss they had (not sure how that would work?).

The results of the test, they say, was that the SuperGT ICE gained around 50cv from the formula 1 fuel/lubricant, going from ~600cv to ~650cv, SURPASSING the power output of their formula 1 ICE (630-640cv)

McMika98
McMika98

ZakB wrote:
14 Sep 2017, 10:30
He's proven wrong various times.
[/quote]

Wow! Seriously. This from the mouth of someone whose most reliable source is the Benson's Bull Crap. To paraphrase: "You are an incorrigible delinquent. Behave yourself"

loner

-wkst- wrote:
14 Sep 2017, 08:38
As always. A lot of blalba, absolutely no proof, like the last 3 years.

I am not a McLaren fan, I am not a Honda fan, but when I hear that a team quits a works deal, loosing 100M+, something is totally wrong with this engine maker and their plans for the future. McLaren are no dummies, not as Honda they know how to succeed in modern F1.

Can't believe how naive the users here are, if McLaren saw a fair chance of competing at a decent level with Honda next year the would had stayed.
you better be sure of the naivety direction .. did you consider a little chance that Honda see an advantage with Redbull than Mclaren , better chassis better marketing better management top notch engineers
BTW
https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/908255759036817408

you think Redbull people are naive to be under a worthless PU mercy they 100% know they are promoting they have a spy inside sakura Mario is there.
as things stands i can see Honda is ditching Mclaren for a better fit.
para bellum.

loner

harjan wrote:
14 Sep 2017, 10:49
With all due respect to Wazari; for someone who is retired (and moved if I remember correctly)- he's still quite up to date.

In a world of 100% secrecy I've always wondered why Honda would let one of their engineers publish inside information.
you should read his signature though
para bellum.

aleshondas
aleshondas

Now Honda can work in peace and get ready for Redbull....

MrPotatoHead

Honda are being basically forced to go to TR.

Renault want to leave the RB camp - they were basically forced to stay there.
Do people forget that fact?

I hope Honda make big strides over the winter - but so far they have failed over the last 3 winters so hope is dwindling.

dren

The evolution of their first PU wasn't horrible last year. The team finished 6th in the constructors. I expect a similar improvement from this year to next.
Honda!

Nicktendo86
Nicktendo86

nzjrs wrote:
14 Sep 2017, 10:22
Nicktendo86 wrote:
14 Sep 2017, 10:08
I mean, we've heard this all before. Multiple times.
Perhaps, but Wazari's batting average is quite a bit higher than other sources.
I am not commenting on the reliability of Wazari as a source, I have no definite judgement either way. What I mean is we have heard assurances on Honda's upgrades multiple times before and every time has failed to deliver on the hype.

f1rules
f1rules

according to fabregas vers.4 expected at Mexico or US GP

loner

Wazari wrote:
14 Sep 2017, 07:43
I am confident that the next configuration PU will be a pleasant surprise.
para bellum.

Nicktendo86
Nicktendo86

f1rules wrote:
14 Sep 2017, 13:48
according to fabregas vers.4 expected at Mexico or US GP
Interesting, in contradiction to Wazari.