Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
ArcticWolfie

Re: Honda Power Unit

Post by ArcticWolfie » Mon May 28, 2018 7:31 pm

@Wazari
Do you know if Honda will bring a mighty upgrade? Since Renault seems to downplay their upgrade... again #-o

etusch

Post by etusch » Mon May 28, 2018 7:35 pm

Welcome back Wazari. Good to see you here again.

Wazari

Post by Wazari » Mon May 28, 2018 9:47 pm

Thanks for the greetings and PM's. As many of you know, I have mixed feelings about posting anymore of this forum but that "C in the V" was just too clever not to comment on. I also had a personal health scare that started about 3 months ago that is now resolved. I am fine.

I do know there is a substantial ICE upgrade built and being tested. For personal reasons I really want to see it in the car. I know it was on the master calendar to be first installed for the Canadian GP. Whether that will happen or not is up to the directors and that decision probably won't be made until next Sunday or Monday. I do know Tanabe-san very well and he is very conservative when it comes to release of new technologies.
If you can make the opposition flinch, you have already won.

MMMMMMMM

Post by MMMMMMMM » Mon May 28, 2018 11:04 pm

Wazari-san, glad to hear you are fine !

According to what you know/feel/see do you think that the current 2018 engines are within the illusory 3% ?
Meaning we reached engine parity as it was defined by FIA: 3% gap between the most and the least powerful engine on a Circuit de Catalunya lap.

McHonda

Post by McHonda » Tue May 29, 2018 7:03 am

loner wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 9:26 pm
makecry wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 8:15 pm
Revs84 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 7:02 pm
Gasly has now made it 5 races in a row with the same ICE, turbo and mgu-h and if I'm not mistaken, 6 races with the rest. Honda's efforts during the Winter seems to be paying off =D> Hope they manage the same level of reliability with the 2nd spec [-o<

All in all, considering that work on the new concept started just over 2 years ago, Honda have really done an impressive job!
This is a result of Honda's efforts over last 12 months. Not just the winter. But yes, impressive.
actualy that should of happened 2 years ago except some delusion idiots asked them to produce a very light weight compact PU to take advantage aerodynamically and mechanically in unmeasured way and they've been exposed currently while carrying the same PU like RBR that they are clueless
so the filth of pride of Honda forced them to accept such structure also unmeasured and idiotically as well .. resulted in 2 years gone in vain with the C in the V saga.
now thats done and dusted we are about to see one hell of a season 2019 RBR-Honda VS Mercedes and Ferrari
If it wasn't for those "delusion idiots" then Honda would still be staring at the ERS system like a caveman with a lighter so it's swings and roundabouts,eh?

Wouter

Post by Wouter » Tue May 29, 2018 10:18 am

Wazari wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:47 pm
Thanks for the greetings and PM's. As many of you know, I have mixed feelings about posting anymore of this forum.
Welcome back Wazari. =D> I am glad to see you here again. Hope you keep posting from now on as usual.

nzjrs

Post by nzjrs » Tue May 29, 2018 12:16 pm

Wazari wrote:
Thanks for the greetings and PM's. As many of you know, I have mixed feelings about posting anymore of this forum.
Welcome back Wazari!

I'm quick to report the usual suspects around here whose negativity and rudeness contribute perhaps to your negative feelings about this place. I hope others do the same and the mods are vigilant.
Last edited by nzjrs on Tue May 29, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flexcon

Post by flexcon » Tue May 29, 2018 12:28 pm

Welcome back dude!

I have loved formula 1 for over 10 years, since I was a young kid. your conversations here and insight into the Honda project have been amazing to read - You are probably single handily the reason I created an account on F1technical and stuck around.

Thunder18

Post by Thunder18 » Tue May 29, 2018 12:31 pm

Wazari wrote:
Thanks for the greetings and PM's. As many of you know, I have mixed feelings about posting anymore of this forum but that "C in the V" was just too clever not to comment on. I also had a personal health scare that started about 3 months ago that is now resolved. I am fine.

I do know there is a substantial ICE upgrade built and being tested. For personal reasons I really want to see it in the car. I know it was on the master calendar to be first installed for the Canadian GP. Whether that will happen or not is up to the directors and that decision probably won't be made until next Sunday or Monday. I do know Tanabe-san very well and he is very conservative when it comes to release of new technologies.
Welcome back, if you do not post here, where do you post?? :P

If the Redbull deal is really and truly on the cards then surely bringing the upgrade is a must??

Wouter

Post by Wouter » Tue May 29, 2018 12:55 pm

nzjrs wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:16 pm
Wouter wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:18 am
Wazari wrote:
Welcome back Wazari. =D> I am glad to see you here again. Hope you keep posting from now on as usual.
I'm quick to report the usual suspects around here whose negativity and rudeness contribute perhaps to your negative feelings about this place. I hope others do the same and the mods are vigilant.

@nzjrs, I do not understand your strange reaction. May I not welcome Wazari after his long period of illness?

HPD

Post by HPD » Tue May 29, 2018 1:04 pm

I believe that the new PU debuts in Canada.
Christian Horner: "We're waiting with great interest to see the relative performance of engines in Montreal in two weeks' time,"

maguetox

Post by maguetox » Tue May 29, 2018 2:37 pm

HPD wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:04 pm
Christian Horner: "We're waiting with great interest to see the relative performance of engines in Montreal in two weeks' time,"
First, Wazari san, I´m glad you are fine now.

Second,
https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/statu ... 7881236481

According with Albert, Honda would have ready the evolution for Canada.

Waiting anxiously for confirmation.

nzjrs

Post by nzjrs » Tue May 29, 2018 2:56 pm

Wouter wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:55 pm
nzjrs wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:16 pm
Wouter wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:18 am

@nzjrs, I do not understand your strange reaction. May I not welcome Wazari after his long period of illness?
Oops! I accidentally quoted you #-o . It was a general comment to those other users which appear in Wazari threads with nothing nice to say.

My apologies.

loner

Post by loner » Tue May 29, 2018 3:19 pm

HPD wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:04 pm
lol iam pretty sure Horner already know the numbers weeks ago :wink:
It Tolls for Thee.

RZS10

Post by RZS10 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:24 pm

But we know, as does he, numbers on dyno ≠ numbers on track, especially for Honda