Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Pyrone89
5
User avatar
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Post by Pyrone89 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:21 pm

Pyrone89 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:54 pm
Wazari wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:23 pm
Pyrone89 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:41 am
On the Verstappen forum Schummie01 (who is trusted over there, but I cant verify it) says Honda have a special cooling fluid that is ahead of the competition allowing them to detune less in warm weather. Maybe Wazari can confirm this
I don't think so. Honda does use a "waterless" coolant formulated for them but I would think the other manufacturers are all using a similar coolant so I don't think it would that far ahead of the others if at all.
Thx Wazari,

Hope things are going better. If I may ask a second question: how do likely do you think the mentioned plan is to use TR as a testimg bed for 2020 specs during the last races? And what do you make of the image posted above regarding dual inlet and outlet turbo’s?
Hi @Wazari, see my above post. Are you able to give info on this? Thx and all the best.

Wazari
677
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:49 pm

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Post by Wazari » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:38 am

Pyrone89 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:21 pm
Pyrone89 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:54 pm

Thx Wazari,

Hope things are going better. If I may ask a second question: how do likely do you think the mentioned plan is to use TR as a testimg bed for 2020 specs during the last races? And what do you make of the image posted above regarding dual inlet and outlet turbo’s?
Hi @Wazari, see my above post. Are you able to give info on this? Thx and all the best.
At this point, I don't think so. They are still testing specs that I think were intended for 2019, not 2020. Although slightly ahead of schedule, 2020 Specs will probably not be ready until this winter. As of 4 weeks ago, there were 2 upgrades still planned for this year. One minor and one major. I imagine they will be introduces to both STR and RBR at the same time.

I don't understand what you mean "make of the image...".
If you can make the opposition flinch, you have already won.

Pyrone89
5
User avatar
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Post by Pyrone89 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:44 am

Wazari wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:38 am
Pyrone89 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:21 pm
Pyrone89 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:54 pm

Thx Wazari,

Hope things are going better. If I may ask a second question: how do likely do you think the mentioned plan is to use TR as a testimg bed for 2020 specs during the last races? And what do you make of the image posted above regarding dual inlet and outlet turbo’s?
Hi @Wazari, see my above post. Are you able to give info on this? Thx and all the best.
At this point, I don't think so. They are still testing specs that I think were intended for 2019, not 2020. Although slightly ahead of schedule, 2020 Specs will probably not be ready until this winter. As of 4 weeks ago, there were 2 upgrades still planned for this year. One minor and one major. I imagine they will be introduces to both STR and RBR at the same time.

I don't understand what you mean "make of the image...".
Someone posted a CAD imagine of the Honda basically having a twin turbine set-up which looked weird.

Pyrone89
5
User avatar
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Post by Pyrone89 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:45 am

ispano6 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:48 pm
Is this new information? Honda has shown this since the beginning of the season.
Dual inlet, dual outlet, split turbo physically connected and it's orientation.
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/f8e4/1 ... h409zg.jpg
This image

ispano6
111
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:56 pm
Location: my armchair

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Post by ispano6 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:55 am

There is an electric turbo is there not?

Craigy
73
User avatar
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:20 am
Location: UK

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Post by Craigy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:09 pm

Wazari wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:38 am
I don't understand what you mean "make of the image...".
This is an English idiom. In this case, it means "what's your opinion of the image".

Pyrone89
5
User avatar
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Post by Pyrone89 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:29 pm

Max just said the FIA ordered them to box and change PU settings. Very curious what this is about. Source:F1Maximaal (Dutch)

Capharol
47
User avatar
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Post by Capharol » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:39 pm

Pyrone89 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:29 pm
Max just said the FIA ordered them to box and change PU settings. Very curious what this is about. Source:F1Maximaal (Dutch)
don't take this site seriously please
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.
"Most people seem to turn off their brain when they turn on the computer and log in to social media."

Pyrone89
5
User avatar
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Post by Pyrone89 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:50 pm

Capharol wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:39 pm
Pyrone89 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:29 pm
Max just said the FIA ordered them to box and change PU settings. Very curious what this is about. Source:F1Maximaal (Dutch)
don't take this site seriously please
Because?

Capharol
47
User avatar
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Post by Capharol » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:01 pm

Pyrone89 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:50 pm
Capharol wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:39 pm
Pyrone89 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:29 pm
Max just said the FIA ordered them to box and change PU settings. Very curious what this is about. Source:F1Maximaal (Dutch)
don't take this site seriously please
Because?
its just a click&bait site .... producing hot headlines with stories that aren't true (most of the time, even a blind chicken find his food somehow)
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.
"Most people seem to turn off their brain when they turn on the computer and log in to social media."

HPD
347
User avatar
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Post by HPD » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:02 pm

What @Pyrone89 said was correct. I don't know why people give negative votes when someone brings news.
Marko: "The engine was on the wrong mapping. We could only fix that in the box."
@Amusf1
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... satzteile/

Capharol
47
User avatar
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Post by Capharol » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:40 pm

HPD wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:02 pm
What @Pyrone89 said was correct. I don't know why people give negative votes when someone brings news.
Marko: "The engine was on the wrong mapping. We could only fix that in the box."
@Amusf1
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... satzteile/
:wtf:

not sure but the article is gone.....

Edit: fixed it for you, but where does it say it was ordered by the FIA, it only saying that the mapping was wrong and they only could fix that in the garage .... nothing about FIA
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.
"Most people seem to turn off their brain when they turn on the computer and log in to social media."

Pyrone89
5
User avatar
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Post by Pyrone89 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:06 am

Capharol wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:40 pm
HPD wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:02 pm
What @Pyrone89 said was correct. I don't know why people give negative votes when someone brings news.
Marko: "The engine was on the wrong mapping. We could only fix that in the box."
@Amusf1
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... satzteile/
:wtf:

not sure but the article is gone.....

Edit: fixed it for you, but where does it say it was ordered by the FIA, it only saying that the mapping was wrong and they only could fix that in the garage .... nothing about FIA
Max has just confirmed it in his standard Friday sit down with Dutch press: “The FIA ordered us to change something on the engine setting”. And “the reason they ordered us to change was because the throttle response was no longer matching the drivers input, which is required by the rules”

restless
18
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 8:12 am

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Post by restless » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:10 am

sneaky... they tried to cheat to accumulate more power? ;)

Capharol
47
User avatar
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Post by Capharol » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:40 am

Pyrone89 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:06 am
Capharol wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:40 pm
HPD wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:02 pm
What @Pyrone89 said was correct. I don't know why people give negative votes when someone brings news.
Marko: "The engine was on the wrong mapping. We could only fix that in the box."
@Amusf1
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... satzteile/
:wtf:

not sure but the article is gone.....

Edit: fixed it for you, but where does it say it was ordered by the FIA, it only saying that the mapping was wrong and they only could fix that in the garage .... nothing about FIA
Max has just confirmed it in his standard Friday sit down with Dutch press: “The FIA ordered us to change something on the engine setting”. And “the reason they ordered us to change was because the throttle response was no longer matching the drivers input, which is required by the rules”
heard it to, and sorry for doubting you....
although i find it strange that the FIA interfers in the mapping, because as far as i know these is up to the teams themselves .... not sure what to think, maybe someone with more technical inside could answer this question
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.
"Most people seem to turn off their brain when they turn on the computer and log in to social media."