Renault Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
diffuser

Re: Renault V6 Power Unit

ALO had his MGU-K replaced wonder if he'd running the new model ? The said that 10K KM(distance of all remaining races) was a bit high for the amount of KMs the new unit could reliably make but someone needs to start running that new MGU-K.

adrianjordan

I suspect they're planning to take grid penalties later in the season anyway, so why not!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

MtthsMlw

PlatinumZealot

VLIM similar arrangment to Mercedes actually. Just curlier runniners.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

lawnmower

Verstappen was very close to Pole position. What do you think about this update?

daniellammers

lawnmower wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 15:00
Verstappen was very close to Pole position. What do you think about this update?
I want numbers.
You won't catch me driving a race car that I have built.

- Colin Chapman

J.A.W.

Interesting shots, ta M-M, & while its a bit hard to see much close detail due to angle/shade/clarity issues..
it maybe seems/appears.. the complex seen inside of each intake manifold stack.. at the head joint..
perhaps indicates a multiple flow tube arrangement?

Could this be a form of tubular laminar flow phasing - utlizing the internal variable length mode system -
to direct specific airstreams to a target point within the combustion chamber - at the injector/igniter unit?
& be thus predicated.. for efficacious part-throttle/lower rpm.. max fuel-efficiency running?
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

roon

To me it just looks like a 1-to-3 plenum (similar in shape the currently popular flattened exhaust manifold shapes), with a straight section for the VLM.

Thunder

General PU Supply Discussion has been moved to the Team Thread. Lets keep it about the Hardware in here please.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

lawnmower

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... e-1046183/

"I was secretly hoping that Red Bull would have the pace to win," said Abiteboul.

"They were very, very close to that, but not quite there. We have more to come, and they could have more to come from the fuel.

"That's something that's clear. We can guarantee an equity of performance of what is in our control, which is hardware, which is software.

"Not anything other than that, like fuel, because they elected themselves for strategic and commercial reasons to go for their own partner, which we appreciate, and we support by homologating their product.

"I'm sure Exxon has to ability and capacity to catch up, but they are a bit behind. The installation is also a little bit different.

"That's why there are small discrepancies, and I accept that."

techman

cant believe how much cyril is crying now to get redbull to sign with renault. knowing well next year renault will win nothing without redbull. the bench mark chassis is gone. cyril begging redbull to sign with renault and possible hopefully honda blow up in france

63l8qrrfy6

Did they say what happened to Alonso? Was it a re-occurrence of the broken 2 quid bolt?

godlameroso

Mudflap wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 14:57
Did they say what happened to Alonso? Was it a re-occurrence of the broken 2 quid bolt?
I heard it was a cracked exhaust manifold.
Saishū kōnā

Godius

lawnmower wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 12:07
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... e-1046183/

"I was secretly hoping that Red Bull would have the pace to win," said Abiteboul.

"They were very, very close to that, but not quite there. We have more to come, and they could have more to come from the fuel.

"That's something that's clear. We can guarantee an equity of performance of what is in our control, which is hardware, which is software.

"Not anything other than that, like fuel, because they elected themselves for strategic and commercial reasons to go for their own partner, which we appreciate, and we support by homologating their product.

"I'm sure Exxon has to ability and capacity to catch up, but they are a bit behind. The installation is also a little bit different.

"That's why there are small discrepancies, and I accept that."
Abiteboul clearly has gone delusional. The Exxon fueled RBR's lapped both Renault and McLaren with the BP fuel.

Walkman

Godius wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 10:42

Abiteboul clearly has gone delusional. The Exxon fueled RBR's lapped both Renault and McLaren with the BP fuel.
Becaude RB has a way better chassis. There's no reason for the mobil fuel to be better since the update was made to work with BP fuel.

Mobil fuel is also what caused Ric to miss fp1 because they had to fine tune the PU to work with Mobil.

I don't see what is so hard to understand here.