Renault Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
ivanlesk

Re: Renault Power Unit Hardware & Software

lawnmower wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 14:41
ivanlesk wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 12:16
lawnmower wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 10:14
I'm not understand this guy.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... 97/?nrt=54

What do you talking about? :mrgreen:

“We are talking about a substantial amount of in-season development,” he said.

“It is more than the gap we have now, in my opinion, from the top teams, certainly in the race at least.

And Renault: 2018 engine upgrades bigger than current deficit ...
Abiteboul: new engine 0.1 second bla bla..
Well and I don't understand you or what is the point of this post.
Renault does not have the technology to compete in Formula 1. They really should go to NASCAR or GP2. They can not produce a Formula 1 engine.
They're just disgraceful.
So that goes for Haas, Sauber, FI, Williams, McLaren also?

GhostF1

So what I don't understand is, Abiteboul has been trumpeting this "Spec C" engine since RBR announced the Honda deal. He said it'd make them regret their decision and that he's "really excited" by what he's seeing from the new engine...

Now we are being told it's available to anyone who wants it, but it comes as an increased reliability risk so works Renault won't use it AND it only brings 0.1 second improvement... I say this regularly but how the f*** does this bloke still have a job. What a joke.

Can't wait to hear about the "Spec D" plans...

lawnmower

ivanlesk wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 15:06
lawnmower wrote:
ivanlesk wrote:

Renault does not have the technology to compete in Formula 1. They really should go to NASCAR or GP2. They can not produce a Formula 1 engine.
Do Haas, Sauber, FI, Williams, McLaren produce engines? Renault is an engine manufacturers.

ivanlesk

lawnmower wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 16:45
ivanlesk wrote:
lawnmower wrote:

Do Haas, Sauber, FI, Williams, McLaren produce engines? Renault is an engine manufacturers.
So? Oranges are good, apples are bad?

lawnmower

GhostF1 wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 16:40
So what I don't understand is, Abiteboul has been trumpeting this "Spec C" engine since RBR announced the Honda deal. He said it'd make them regret their decision and that he's "really excited" by what he's seeing from the new engine...

Now we are being told it's available to anyone who wants it, but it comes as an increased reliability risk so works Renault won't use it AND it only brings 0.1 second improvement... I say this regularly but how the f*** does this bloke still have a job. What a joke.

Spec D - Japan GP
0.01 second faster and the risk of reliability too much.
Redbull will regret leaving us. #-o

lawnmower

ivanlesk wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 16:53
lawnmower wrote:
ivanlesk wrote:

How can someone who does not produce an engine produce a bad engine?
Honda is not a bad team because Honda is not a team. We can not say that Red Bull produces a bad engine because it does not produce an engine.

Singabule

GhostF1 wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 16:40

Well said Sir!

Andres125sx

lawnmower wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 16:57
ivanlesk wrote:
lawnmower wrote:

Honda is not a bad team because Honda is not a team. We can not say that Red Bull produces a bad engine because it does not produce an engine.
He obviously meant that if you think anyone who can´t compete on top of the series shouldn´t be involved (your statement about Renault), then all those teams shouldn´t be in F1 either, as they can´t compete with the top teams.

Or you statement about Renault only apply to engine manufacturers but teams are different and they can be midfielders?

ivanlesk

lawnmower wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 16:57
ivanlesk wrote:
lawnmower wrote:

Sooo Ferrari and Honda should also leave F1 given that they haven't won championship longer then Renault?

DarkSurferZA

lawnmower wrote:
ivanlesk wrote:
lawnmower wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 10:14
I'm not understand this guy.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... 97/?nrt=54

What do you talking about? :mrgreen:

“We are talking about a substantial amount of in-season development,” he said.

“It is more than the gap we have now, in my opinion, from the top teams, certainly in the race at least.

And Renault: 2018 engine upgrades bigger than current deficit ...
Abiteboul: new engine 0.1 second bla bla..
Renault have produced championship winning engines in this decade. By your logic, we should say McLaren doesn't have the technology to be in F1 so they should leave.

And if you're only refering to engine manufacturers, Honda should've left F1 last year or the year before.

All teams/manufacturers have a bad season. Stop whining and make some attempt to appreciate the complexity that goes in to this sport.

People like you make it unpleasant for new manufacturers like BMW or Porsche to enter the sport. It's just damaging for their brand unless you've 10+ years experience/money already invested.

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

Sieper

Renault just doens’t have the budget, the recent gains by both Fer and Merc make them look extra bad but what is to be expected with such a budget.they try and up to the most recent push they were close-ish. Now they are in a bad place.

lawnmower

Four championships thanks to Redbull. It was not the best engine when it was a champion. It was far behind Mercedes and Ferrari.
I'm Renault fan. But Renault has been in a disgrace for many years.

DarkSurferZA

lawnmower wrote:Four championships thanks to Redbull. It was not the best engine when it was a champion. It was far behind Mercedes and Ferrari.
Well, the driveability and the blown diffuser concept was a championship winning aspect of the Redbull. In fact, even when other teams copied the blown diffuser, the always-blowing Renault engine was the best.

I wouldn't extend all the way to disgrace, but I hear you. And it's really only the last 2 years that it's been a bad engine. It's just been a while since it was a good engine.

Zynerji

DarkSurferZA wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 19:22
lawnmower wrote:Four championships thanks to Redbull. It was not the best engine when it was a champion. It was far behind Mercedes and Ferrari.
Well, the driveability and the blown diffuser concept was a championship winning aspect of the Redbull. In fact, even when other teams copied the blown diffuser, the always-blowing Renault engine was the best.

I wouldn't extend all the way to disgrace, but I hear you. And it's really only the last 2 years that it's been a bad engine. It's just been a while since it was a good engine.

I remember reading that RBR did in house manufacturing/mods on the Renault V8s. Those tricks may have NOT a credit to Renault themselves...

roon

DarkSurferZA wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 19:22
the always-blowing Renault engine...
At least they've maintained one quality from their chamionship-winning years.