More Engine Suppliers

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Turbo

More Engine Suppliers

We need more Engine suppliers. It would be nice if VW, and BMW would get involved. BMW makes a nice Turbo engine.

Vortex347
Vortex347

Re: More Engine Suppliers

I couldn't agree more however just look at the automotive industry as a whole these days. There is only a select few brands who actually supply engines i.e. ford make engines for ford (obviously), mazda and land rovers. Probably even more brands too. The lack of engine suppliers in f1 is just following a trend that is occurring in the larger automotive industry

noname
noname

Turbo wrote:We need more Engine suppliers. It would be nice if VW, and BMW would get involved. BMW makes a nice Turbo engine.
VW was working on F1 engine, but after recent reshuffle at the top and discussions about rewriting PO regulations things were put on hold.
And BMW does not like competition, they prefer to limit themselves to various "BMW cups".

I am tempted to say the last 2 seasons shown to be successful in current engine formula you need to do both chassis and powertrain on your own. This takes companies like Cosworth out of equation.

hemichromis
hemichromis

Look at Honda, Renault, even Ferrari did not get this engine right initially.

Next year with free development of engines it might get easier for new manufacturers but i doubt they'll be any new takers until the engine formula changes.

Monobloc
Monobloc

Any Chinese manufacturers in the horizon? :lol: