Aston Martin joins RBR - will there be a new engine?

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
gandharva

Aston Martin joins RBR - will there be a new engine?

Topic = question

AMUS is already speculating that the new deal between Aston Martin and RBR will also include the birth of a new F1 engine. They further speculate that Alex Hitzinger (he dropped out of Porsche LMP1 a week ago) will lead the project. On top of that Adrian Newey is goint to build a street supercar for Aston Martin.

Sounds like win-win for everyone. Aston Martin gets a supercar designed by the master himself. Adrian always said he wanted to design a street car, and RBR gets it's own engine.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 27508.html

https://www.astonmartin.com/en/media-ce ... gine-plant

ntc2008
ntc2008

Re: Aston Martin joins RBR - will there be a new engine?

No there won't be an Aston engine they don't have the finance or the technical know how to do it

The deal doesn't make a whole lot of sense really, yeah they have a tie in with a road car but i think that's as far as it will go

the partnerships don't add up to me

Aston - Merc - Richard Mille
Redbull - Renault(shhh) - Tag

I'm sure Richard Mille won't be to happy they signed a partnership with Aston less than a month ago and now the Aston logo is sat next to the Tag logo

ME4ME

It makes absolutely no sense for them to start a PU project now. IF they'd make it to the grid in 2017 with their own unit, it would probably be far off the pace. Just look at how things went for Honda, who had all the structure and capacity already in place. It would take years before (and if) they'd catch up to the front runners. By that time, these PU's will likely be replaced or regulations altered.

It's much more likely that they'll stay some additional years with Renault, or play the political game with Bernie on their side and maybe force one of the other manufacturers (most likely Honda) to supply engines to them.

Both Renault and RBR have indicated to be reasonably happy with their current relationship. Abiteboul said Renault needs RBR in the short term as reference, and they also contribute with additional data from having more engines on track obviously. With some upgrades later this season, I can see the partnership continue at least for 2017.

PlatinumZealot

Aston doesn't have the cash or tech to make a new engine so I would say no.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

riff_raff
riff_raff

Right now Aston Martin is losing money. I don't see where the huge amount of money required to design and produce an F1 engine would come from. Or why their management would even consider doing this. They need every extra penny they have for getting a new product to market.
"Q: How do you make a small fortune in racing?
A: Start with a large one!"

PlatinumZealot

PlatinumZealot wrote:Aston doesn't have the cash or tech to make a new engine so I would say no.
Ok someone downvoted this.. They obviously dont know about aston martin's current situation.. Downvoting on a whim. Pretty despicable..
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

meexi
meexi

Surely RBR will have Mercedes engines next year since there is a tie up with Aston-Martin and Mercedes, a bit like Aston and Force India were trying to do.