FIA tender for standard F1 gearboxes

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Jolle

Re: FIA tender for standard F1 gearboxes

This probably will mean that Williams (who I think kept their’s alive for this bid) to close their department after this season and lease a complete rear end of the car from Mercedes. That will only leave McLaren as an independent team that designs its own gearboxes.

Zynerji

Jolle wrote:
24 May 2019, 23:05
This probably will mean that Williams (who I think kept their’s alive for this bid) to close their department after this season and lease a complete rear end of the car from Mercedes. That will only leave McLaren as an independent team that designs its own gearboxes.
If I was running Williams, I'd be looking to see if I could get the same deal from RBR that STR get.

Current Honda PU + Ancillaries
RBR Gearbox
RBR Suspension
Some Aero direction

Then paint the car as a different Red Bull can. (Red Bull Black, or something like the flavored cans. Coconut Berry might fit their White car well...)

I can see the huge pushback for this idea, but it could seriously work very well for RBR and Williams.

Maplesoup

I think McLaren and Williams should join forces and produce all the non listed parts of the cars together instead of buying from one of the top 3 and becoming a b team. Including working together to develop solid gearboxes for both teams.

Sure they technically competing for the b team title but if they are develop parts as good as the the other b teams get then they'll get a competitive edge and not contribute to the top teams budgets.

63l8qrrfy6

Thank god they came to their senses

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14363 ... -gearboxes