Inception Drive CVT

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Zynerji

Inception Drive CVT

Wasn't sure if it was F1T worthy, but seems like the repackage might open new doors.

Big Tea

Re: Inception Drive CVT

Thats very good, but is it not just an epicyclic drive? or similar to 'stermy archer' cycle gears?

I am a fan of CVT and to me the only let down is suspect reliability. Had several since a 1990's Subaru and prefer them to self changing style gear box.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

gruntguru

Brilliant. The ability to go to zero output (infinite reduction) and negative output looks like a game-changer to me.

Wonder if it is possible to develop this concept to handle high power with high efficiency, reasonable size and weight.
je suis charlie

joshuagore

Cycloidal meets cvt? Is that what I am seeing here?

Zynerji

gruntguru wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 23:45
Brilliant. The ability to go to zero output (infinite reduction) and negative output looks like a game-changer to me.

Wonder if it is possible to develop this concept to handle high power with high efficiency, reasonable size and weight.
Very much my thoughts. This could be used on everything from Formula cars (if can scale up) to RC drones (if can scale down). The packaging could be a huge game changer.

NathanE

It is always super inspiring to see novel physical design development. It's easy to think that from a configuration perspective everything must have been pretty much optimised nowadays and developments come from advances in materials, manufacturing tech, computational power etc. The fact that there is still space to say "what happens if I put one spool inside the other rather than side by side?" is just awesome and humbling at the same time.