CART cafety vs. Formula1

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Steven
Owner

CART cafety vs. Formula1

Isn't it remarkable to have seen some really devastating crashes the latest years in the CART series, last year causing Alex Zanardi lose his legs, and in 2000 having a deadly accident with Greg Moore.

On the contrary, we haven't seen any terrifying injuries lately in Formula one, although some really hard crashes. McNish in Japan came out with a few bruises, both J. Villeneuve crashed from 1998 and 1999 in Eau Rouge (Spa) was uninjured, and Shumacher in Stowe 2000, who broke a leg, and was back in action 4 months later. :shock:

May a conclude F1 is safer than CART?

Jukebox

Re: CART cafety vs. Formula1

Could it have anything to do with the material used to build the tub?
Ferrari forever....

Steven
Owner

hmmm

Don't know for sure, but aren't cart and IRL monocoques also built out of carbon fibre? I hope it's not the aluminium from the 70's, because I could crush such a car with my hands :p .. well almost, two hands then :lol:

Just safety regulations I guess.

There's also that "problem" (dunno if that is a problem actually) of the walls being a part of the circuit. I mean that some circuits are a stroke of asphalt between two walls, and you should just keep your car from bouncing to one of these sides :shock:
Maybe that's an incredible good thing of having large areas of gravel around the circuit, but I would be willing to discuss that too 8) ... gravel or tarmac???