2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
NathanOlder

Re: 2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

And i rate Webber lower than karun chandhok :wink:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

GPR-A duplicate2

NathanOlder wrote:
20 Jun 2018, 15:57
And i rate Webber lower than karun chandhok :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Man, that is Gross!

Muniix

GPR-A wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 16:32
NathanOlder wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 14:17
@GPRA

Neither have won a championship on a difficult ducati though, so it seems like you are sitting on your face again buddy.
If one freak season is good enough for some, then even one race is enough for some others. :lol:
Casey won 25 races in one day in his dirt bike career. You will not get a MotoGP rider agreeing with you.

J.A.W.

Assen Q: grid line-up has the top ten.. split by less than 4/10ths.. & features Honda, Yamaha, Ducati, Suzuki, & Aprilia.

Here's the top 5.. 1, M.M*.; 2, C.C.; 3, V.R.; 4, A.D.; 5, M.V.;

* The other HRC Repsol factory Honda is down in 18th! Seems perhaps 'dumpee in waiting' Dani - is indeed - fading..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

J.A.W.

Wow! Super-intense Dutch TT.. all I can say is.. see it, its a must watch race..

GPR-A duplicate2

Marquez does what Marquez does the best! Save the bike and win from there. In the process, also returned the favor back to Rins.

Mega race until last 3 laps.

etusch

After a few race long break, another good race. That would be wonderful last corner attack but again it was worth to look. As bt sport speakers said there is a question in mind, did MM play a game with others to stay with them until last laps ?

Nonserviam85

Amazing race, perfectly managed by MM. Too bad the contention for the win was anticlimactic. I was almost certain Vinales would win based on his late race-pace this year but I was mistaken. Too bad for Vale he should have been on the podium at least. Also that Rossi-Lorenzo boop so funny (and unusual).

Let's hope the following races will be like that.

Andres125sx

What a race!!

If Lorenzo win this one he´d have matched Stoner record about three consecutive victories with Ducati, but he couldn´t. He said he was loosing 2 tenths at S4 and made too much of an effort at the beginning, ruining his tires

Marquez, he´s just too good

Rins, wow, it was the ingredient wich was missing in the championship, Suzuki so all four manufacturers fight for victories

Viñales, he´s back! I´m glad for him even if it took him too many races out of the top

Pedrosa was ill or injured?

etusch

Rins overtaking Vinales was very interesting. There was too much speed difference that I asked myself if he can go so fast why vinales was so slow there

J.A.W.

Well, M.M., predictably enough.. did it once again at Moto GP Germania-Sachsenring.. from pole-to-Chequered flag.

As usual, J.L. powered his Ducati to lead.. from a flawless holeshot.. only to be reeled in when his 'soft-comp' front..
wilted.. liquifaction-wise.. under the strain.. & the same pretty much - applied/panned out - to the other Duc's..

So.. the factory Yamahas inherited/took the other, lesser.. steps on the Victory box..

In other news..

Dani P officially announced that this season was his last.. yeah, so, poor Dani.. always the 'bridesmaid never the bride'..

Wily ol' veteran Rossi ( who is still in with a chance.. of another Championship title.. if M.M. falters/or..is hurt),
gave his fellow longtime factory-ride star.. Dani.. a typically V.R. equivocal.. send off.. to the gist of:

"Dani... probably deserved.. at least one title*."

* To be sure, but.. whose?

etusch

digitalrurouni

Actually it was Lorenzo's rear that went. He admitted so in an interview after the race. I thought it was the front as well but it was the rear. Dovi had actually reduced the power on his bike in 2 of the corners so that the rear would last but that meant he was overriding other corners to make up for that deficit and that killed his energy/stamina so he had more tire at the end but physically was unable to fight for a higher position.

I still think Ducati suffered an extremely huge loss in that now they don't really have massively talented riders like Lorenzo in their stable. What a coup Honda and Alberto Puig have pulled off...though technically Ducati triggered it because they were already so negative on Lorenzo that he started looking at Honda and approached them himself. =P~

Let's face it Petrucci is meh. Dovi has his days. This year they have the best all rounder bike on the grid if you ask me. If Marc was on that Ducati I think the would be winning pretty much everything left and right lol. That Honda seems to be a peach but only for him. Just about the rest of the grid Hondas are nowhere near him.

Yamahas seem to be gaining some 'traction'. Very very happy to see Rossi up there! What a star he is!

J.A.W.

Honda seems happy enough with its 'one man show' - as long as M.M. duly.. takes the Championship..

Dani is 'goneburgers' & he, frankly.. was always a bit too 'brittle' - both in bones & mindset - to be Champion.

Cal is not known as 'Crashlow' for nothing.. he lacks the ultimate 'feel' - which the best have & utilize.. to stay in the hunt..

The Ducati sure aint easy though..

& while Yamaha have flumoxed their 'young chargers'.. wily ol' Rossi is still there, or thereabouts.. if anything dire happens..

NathanOlder

What a race that was. Great entertainment! Although 15 laps of tyre management was just like something from F1 so the diehard MotoGP fans need to admit its not all that different lol

Can't wait for Lorenzo Marquez as team mates. Should be fireworks
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC