Formula E

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Starscreamer

Re: Formula E

I love this year the FE =D>
Its close fighting and Frijns is doing well =D>
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

NathanOlder

Starscreamer wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 15:37
You have Frijns mixed up with his team mate ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

marmer

NathanOlder wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 23:35
Starscreamer wrote:
i think its an issue of national bias. personally i don't care for that and have supported several drivers regardless of nationality. Frijins is doing ok at best 2nd is morroco and he lucked out on that really the bmw mess and sam birds issues. but the car that won started two places behind Frijins so..

jjn9128

marmer wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 07:05
NathanOlder wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 23:35
Starscreamer wrote:
i think its an issue of national bias. personally i don't care for that and have supported several drivers regardless of nationality. Frijins is doing ok at best 2nd is morroco and he lucked out on that really the bmw mess and sam birds issues. but the car that won started two places behind Frijins so..
I'd say coming through the field from 16th to 5th without getting involved in any of the shenanigans that D'Ambrosio, Di Grassi, Vergne and Lotterer did is pretty good. He was unlucky in qualifying because he was in group 1 only because of that podium in Marrakesh (he was equal on points with Bird headed to Santiago but Bird got to be in group 2 and made superpole).

It's a fairly short (compared to F1) season but there look to be 5 strong teams (Techeetah, BMW, Mahindra, Audi and Virgin), plus a few others who can cause upsets at the odd race, with at least 8 drivers who can challenge for the title - it's going to go down to the wire with who can be most consistent, and making good points on days when track evolution in qualifying is at it's worst for the top championship guys will be vital!
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

Pascal Wehrlein is on pole for Mexico ePrix
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

jjn9128

My goodness that last lap... awkward for Agag in the Mahindra garage absolutely loving the drama while Dilbagh is desolate :lol: .
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

mzso

Well the last few laps were exciting. Otherwise it was boring. The most antipathic driver won at the last meters....
Last edited by mzso on 17 Feb 2019, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.

jjn9128

Oh sod off!! Rowland made a sensational move at the start, then Piquet's crash and the red flag. Nearly 100 overtakes throughout the race, Nasr and Vergne spinning from contact, the top 5 were nose-to-tail for most of the race as Rowland then Di Grassi challenged for the lead. DaCosta finished 2nd with bent steering. Then they all started running out of energy. It was better than 98% of F1 races even without that last lap.

If you thought it was boring you were watching a different race.
#aerogandalf

mzso

jjn9128 wrote:
17 Feb 2019, 01:36
If you thought it was boring you were watching a different race.
Yes. Not watching them through rose colored glasses. :)

Tzk
Tzk

I more or less watched this race by accident. I must admit that the camera positions and choice is great, even if the cars are only running 180kph max. Great race and by far more interessing than f1.

I may watch FE in the future, promising series.

Morteza

oT v1

Loved it! That was the first race of this current season I’ve seen and I thought it was a really exciting one. As said, the track wasn’t the best for passing but not impossible. Watching the top guys stack up towards the last few laps still made it pretty tense, you just knew it was coming to a head. If that happened in F1 I’ve be having heart palpitations haha.

The energy miscalculations added to the drama (maybe a little too much for Nissan) and Pascal’s defensive moves, although completely over the top and dangerous, were a throwback to older times.
The Power of Dreams

tpeman

Awesome race!
Congrats to Bird and especially D'Ambrosio for the great comeback.

Scorpaguy

Great race...not an empty seat in the stands from my vantage point in Grande 2. Great race to see in person as the Mexican fans cheer every car like it was the leader.

As for passing...darn near every lap in turn one. As for the lack of speed...such is compensated for by the hard tyres...to quote a famous line, in Formula E, "Loose is fast!" Drifting turn one was the norm for the fast cars...I cannot fathom how those Michelins last???