Formula E

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
El Scorchio

Re: Formula E

Andres125sx wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 08:39
Dissapointing, I didn´t read last replies in this post for several days as I´d not watched first races of 6th season yet... and when I did I come here... those were only rants about FE or FE cars

Not even a single comment about Porsche on the podium on their very first FE race?

First race (only watched that yet): 1- Envision/Audi, 2- Porsche, 3- Mercedes, 4- Nissan. Four different manufacturers in four first places. Hopefully F1 would take FE route, not the other way around #-o
Well to be fair, doesn't that tell you anything? Perhaps people are less inclined to like or want to watch FE because of the issues highlighted? I was watching from the genesis of the series, but quickly realised it wasn't something I enjoyed watching, and so stopped. I want to be able to like it, but there are (in my opinion) a lot of things that need to be fixed to make it watchable and I think that's perfectly OK to share on a general FE thread, even if not everyone agrees.

It's just imperative the quality of the circuits improves. That will probably do wonders.
An overhaul of the general presentation and marketing of the series would probably be very helpful as well.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

FrukostScones

Daniel Abt caught cheating with sim e-race double.

https://jalopnik.com/audi-formula-e-rac ... 1843637862

How low :lol: and sad!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

strad

yep they brought in a ringer.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Scorpaguy

FrukostScones wrote:
25 May 2020, 18:02

...."well, that aint good"

It is pretty bad when your race seat is purchased by your Dad. It is also bad when you bring in a ringer to cheat in a fake race. Let us see What Audi and FE do to him...I wonder if he gets Larson'ed?

Big Tea

Scorpaguy wrote:
25 May 2020, 20:01
FrukostScones wrote:

It is pretty bad when your race seat is purchased by your Dad. It is also bad when you bring in a ringer to cheat in a fake race. Let us see What Audi and FE do to him...I wonder if he gets Larson'ed?
Would we know if they replaced him though?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Scorpaguy

Big Tea wrote:
25 May 2020, 21:35
Scorpaguy wrote:
25 May 2020, 20:01
FrukostScones wrote:

Would we know if they replaced him though?
...improved results would be the first clue :lol:

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

bill shoe

Definitely big surprise. Michelin was always a big supporter of the Formula E and the corresponding concept of racing with non-disposable tires. Hankook must have backed a big armored truck up to the Formula E headquarters and dumped in a load of cash. So thank you Michelin for job well done, and congrats to Formula E for having a product that can attract supplier cash.

Morteza

bill shoe wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 16:17
Definitely big surprise. Michelin was always a big supporter of the Formula E and the corresponding concept of racing with non-disposable tires. Hankook must have backed a big armored truck up to the Formula E headquarters and dumped in a load of cash. So thank you Michelin for job well done, and congrats to Formula E for having a product that can attract supplier cash.
Hankook are currently supplying DTM. With how things are going on there, I'm sure they were looking at another series to to keep their name in motorsport. Formula E is the perfect fit, but as you said I'm surprised that Michelin is out.

Morteza

Andres125sx

Those who didn´t click, it´s an interesting article about FE in general, not just Hankook deal :)

jjn9128

Andres125sx wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 19:41
Those who didn´t click, it´s an interesting article about FE in general, not just Hankook deal :)
Gen 3 looks interesting too. I know it's been delayed though.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Andres125sx

jjn9128 wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 19:46
Andres125sx wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 19:41
Gen 3 looks interesting too. I know it's been delayed though.
I know nothing about Gen3 cars, what I read here about the front regeneration and new battery, but nothing else, not even what are the benefits of the new battery :?: