NBCSN shutting down

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
fritticaldi

NBCSN shutting down

For the North American viewers who watch F1, IMSA and other sports the channel NBCSN is shutting down at the end of this year.

Maritimer

Re: NBCSN shutting down

Only affects people in the US, we have TSN in Canada

Scorpaguy

In the USA, we seem to be drifting towards the paid streaming paradigm. Cheaper than negotiating network contracts I guess now that AV/electronics are so affordable and accessible.

subcritical71

F1 is on ESPN, but we will be temporarily without a home to a lot of other events. Extended coverage of Tour de France, America's Cup, IndyCar comes to mind. I know the coverage the last few years has emphasized their streaming gold service for extended coverage which I found extremely expensive (ie. needing some of that gold to pay for it) so I kind of saw this coming. It makes me wonder if people are actually paying for this and that is leading to the shift or its the other way around. To give you an idea.. TdF was $55, AC $175 and IC was set to be ~$50. Considering AC is free in most other markets I considered this a bit over the top, but I guess that's why VPN services are doing so well.