Formula E

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
WaikeCU

Re: Formula E

Things develop quickly. With Merc shutting down their DTM program and now Porsche shutting their LMP1 program, looks like the big manufacturers are focussing on Formula E in the future. It means it has great potential to do great.

I had a thought. With the current situation, driver's need to swap cars during the race. Would it be more interesting if each team has 4 drivers and a tag team formula is implemented? Meaning if one car enters the pits, the other driver will continue the race till the end?

Swapping cars kinda looks amateurish at the moment.

santos

WaikeCU wrote:
28 Jul 2017, 13:04
Things develop quickly. With Merc shutting down their DTM program and now Porsche shutting their LMP1 program, looks like the big manufacturers are focussing on Formula E in the future. It means it has great potential to do great.

I had a thought. With the current situation, driver's need to swap cars during the race. Would it be more interesting if each team has 4 drivers and a tag team formula is implemented? Meaning if one car enters the pits, the other driver will continue the race till the end?

Swapping cars, racing only in city circuits... When they be able to do some real racing ciruit (and the full lenght), at a nice speed, then formula E will be appealing to me. For now it's the only kind of motorsport they i don't care.

SteveRacer

santos wrote:
28 Jul 2017, 13:59
Swapping cars, racing only in city circuits... When they be able to do some real racing ciruit (and the full lenght), at a nice speed, then formula E will be appealing to me. For now it's the only kind of motorsport they i don't care.
I think it will be quite a while until they are on proper racing circuits. They do not want a speed comparison to the other series right now.

bill shoe

The only problem with the current FE tracks is that they're not long enough to hold all the new entries if they're on track at the same time!

F1T --> FET? Or at least an FE section?

mzso

WaikeCU wrote:

If swapping cars look amateurish than tag teams would be ridiculous. Rather incompatible with the audience in my opinion.

BTW I think FE need far more appeal for fans to actually take off. Some 600kW of power (they can use fuel cells), racing slicks and decent circuits at least.

mzso

bill shoe wrote:
28 Jul 2017, 15:46
Huh? What does this mean?

RicME85

mzso wrote:
bill shoe wrote:
28 Jul 2017, 15:46
Huh? What does this mean?
Formula 1 Technical --> Formula E Technical
Is what is meant by that post

RicME85

bill shoe wrote:The only problem with the current FE tracks is that they're not long enough to hold all the new entries if they're on track at the same time!

Not all entries are new entries though. BMW is just the current Andretti team, Audi is the current ABT team for example

Stormy

So when the industry goes full electric Formula E will be disbanded and Formula 1 will continue with electric motors?

mzso

Stormy wrote:
29 Jul 2017, 01:08
So when the industry goes full electric Formula E will be disbanded and Formula 1 will continue with electric motors?
No-one knows. But I'd say the way they are drenched in mindless traditionalism and are ruled by mostly old farts, they'll hang on as long as they can, even facing collapse.

It looks like F1 is going to go back to early 80-ies engine technology with bi-turbos. Because the current one is "to complicated" and not loud enough.
They can't even pass through a simple windscreen successfully for several years now. (And went with the most ridiculous proposal instead)

Stormy

mzso wrote:
29 Jul 2017, 10:34
Stormy wrote:
29 Jul 2017, 01:08
No-one knows. But I'd say the way they are drenched in mindless traditionalism and are ruled by mostly old farts, they'll hang on as long as they can, even facing collapse.

It looks like F1 is going to go back to early 80-ies engine technology with bi-turbos. Because the current one is "to complicated" and not loud enough.
They can't even pass through a simple windscreen successfully for several years now. (And went with the most ridiculous proposal instead)
Nevertheless, FIA's most renowned Formula must be named Formula 1. So if Formula E becomes more popular than Formula 1, FE will have to be renamed F1 :D

NathanOlder

Just watched the penultimate race of the season, Di Grassi takes the championship lead after Buemi had to fight his way through the pack. Buemi was banging wheels with multiple drivers and got out the call livid! It appeared he feels he has a gods given right for people to jump out his way, I have seen Verge behave like that before, we all know Vettel is amazingly bad for this and it has been seen in flashes for Max. Must be a helmut marko thing rubbing off on all these red bull kids.

Or maybe its these kids drinking too much red bull when they are too young

Edit. I also remember Gasly being very touchy in his battles with Gio
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

WaikeCU

NathanOlder wrote:
29 Jul 2017, 23:17
Just watched the penultimate race of the season, Di Grassi takes the championship lead after Buemi had to fight his way through the pack. Buemi was banging wheels with multiple drivers and got out the call livid! It appeared he feels he has a gods given right for people to jump out his way, I have seen Verge behave like that before, we all know Vettel is amazingly bad for this and it has been seen in flashes for Max. Must be a helmut marko thing rubbing off on all these red bull kids.

Or maybe its these kids drinking too much red bull when they are too young

Edit. I also remember Gasly being very touchy in his battles with Gio
Yeah watched the race as well. Very exciting all throughout the race. I understand Buemi's emotions though, but he gets hotheaded quite easy really. I understand that knock at the start almost cost him the championship, but yeah that are the risks of starting the race at the back. Not sure if Abt deliberately slowed a bit down entering the pitlane.

Wonder what will happen with Buemi's unsafe release.

Sevach

Buemi put himself in a poor position at the start (in the middle) no one was playing dirty.

In fact after the start most drivers weren't showing much fight in them when they came against Buemi, he would point the nose and they would let him have it.

When Sarrazin decided not to do that he went on a profanity tirade.
And war of words with multiple drivers in the pitlane.

Edit: Oh Jeez https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/ne ... nt-936320/
Car underweight, Buemi DSQ.
He's gonna go beserk now.

Andres125sx

WaikeCU wrote:

that´s an interesting idea!

Some sort of mini-LMP race, but with a whole package swap instead of only a driver swap :)