Formula E

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Andres125sx

Re: Formula E

What a finish!!

I initially thought Werlhein penalty was too much since he did slow down to not gain any advantage, but he negated DiGrassi the chance to pass at the chicane, so if not penalized then everybody would do the same when leading a race at last lap

I enjoyed the track, with turns in hard acceleration and deceleration, fast turns with cars drifting sideways and an epic final.

BTW, I think those tires are awesome, who cares about grip? If they´re the same for everybody, these tires add to the show instead of ruining it frequently like in F1 #-o

Very fun race, except for the middle part, but the beginning and last lap.... wow

Oh and I´m loving the broadcasting, I had the race recorded but couldn´t fast forward at the red flag because they were showing tons of new replays from all cars and all angles during the whole red flag period... great!! =D> =D> =D>

Andres125sx

mzso wrote:
17 Feb 2019, 02:01
jjn9128 wrote:
17 Feb 2019, 01:36
If you thought it was boring you were watching a different race.
Yes. Not watching them through rose colored glasses. :)
The start was awesome with lots of passes and crashes, the finish was just epic. Only a middle part of the race was boring. If some part of the race being boring is enough to say the race is boring, then 100% of F1 races are extremelly boring :wink:

marmer
marmer

Andres125sx wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 08:43
mzso wrote:
jjn9128 wrote:
The start was awesome with lots of passes and crashes, the finish was just epic. Only a middle part of the race was boring. If some part of the race being boring is enough to say the race is boring, then 100% of F1 races are extremelly boring :wink:
I was worried it might be boring but then the commentators started noticing just how little juice the cars had left after saying all race there would be very little lift and coast. Di grassi won the race early when if kept up enough with the leaders and seemed to be taking it easy

jjn9128

Andres125sx wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 08:43
mzso wrote:
jjn9128 wrote:
I felt in the middle it was building towards the ending - maybe that's "boring" but for me the tension was mounting as 2 then 5 cars joined the lead battle. Even without the battery drama in Formula E you knew at least one of them was going to have a go.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

jjn9128

If the F1 teasers are anything to go by the actual livery will be silver with cyan striping.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Andres125sx

Next season cars will be the same? That would be a surprise to me, a completely new car surely has a lot of parts to improve, teak or even change

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Andres125sx

I´m glad for Stoffel, he was getting to much bad luck and after F1 and suffering the torture of a team mate as strong as Alonso, now FE was being harsh and cruel with him

marmer
marmer

Andres125sx wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 08:35
Next season cars will be the same? That would be a surprise to me, a completely new car surely has a lot of parts to improve, teak or even change
They kept the gen one car the same didn't they throughout the run or did they make minor changes.

If they do I would only expect minor mechanical changes not improvements in battery technology as they will have signed a multi year deal with McLaren for the same product. It wouldn't make sense either to move the goal posts so often in performance in a spec series apart from drivetrain. I think they will run current cars for a few years and then open up new lines to develop for gen 5 perhaps complete customer battery and power train and keep chassis and aero the same.

Andres125sx

Probably you´re right :)

Andres125sx

Andres125sx wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 11:33
I´m glad for Stoffel, he was getting to much bad luck and after F1 and suffering the torture of a team mate as strong as Alonso, now FE was being harsh and cruel with him
... and looks like it still is cruel with him, just watched the race and another mechanical problem for him.... Any idea what was it?

jjn9128

Andres125sx wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 08:46
Andres125sx wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 11:33
... and looks like it still is cruel with him, just watched the race and another mechanical problem for him.... Any idea what was it?
Commentators said a drive shaft failure - Paffett apparently had the same issue in practice.
#aerogandalf