WEC (World Endurance Championship) 2013

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
WhiteBlue

Re: WEC (World Endurance Championship) 2013

Logic would suggest that the Audis havn't lost performance over the last three days. Today's times were well below the qualifying times. So one assumes it will still be a performance vs a fewer pit stop strategy in the Audi vs Toyota battle. You also have to consider that the Audis looked more reliable and easier to drive so far. Third there are only two of the Toyotas. I also hope that the race will be a good fight but the gut feeling tells me that Audi have the edge.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

We are now hearing the national anthems in Le Mans. The cars are on the way onto the grid. 25 minutes to the start of the race.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

wesley123

Anyone got a live stream that isnt french?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

timbo

Oh, big crash :(

mep

any live streams??

timbo

Official:
http://www.24h-lemans.com/live/en/

apparently the driver is ok!

timbo

Another official streams offering onboards:
http://live.fiawec.com/

hollus

I am a big supporter of all electric cars, but I wonder is a 24 hour race is the right place for them to compete or even to do an image exercise. Does anyone know what the race plan will be with this Nissan Zeod RC?
Will they change batteries in the pit stops? Or will they try to say, run for 1 hour, recharge for 1 hour and cycle again?
Rivals, not enemies.

WhiteBlue

Terrible news. The Aston Martin driver Allan Simonsen who crashed early in race has died in the hospital. R.I.P.
Le Mans is still a very dangerous race.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 22 Jun 2013, 18:09, edited 2 times in total.

matt21

Allan simonsen died in the hospital R.I.P.

He tried to avoid hitting another car and lost control.
He hit the barrier, where a tree was right behind it.
Last edited by matt21 on 22 Jun 2013, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

amouzouris

Awful news...Allan Simonsen has died as a result of the crash he had earlier today int he opening stages of the race...
R.I.P. Allan
Last edited by amouzouris on 22 Jun 2013, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.

stefan_

Very, very sad news. I am quite shocked to be honest.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

amouzouris

stefan_ wrote:Very, very sad news. I am quite shocked to be honest.
We were told he was alive out of the car and he was talking...what happened afterwards?

stefan_

amouzouris wrote:
stefan_ wrote:Very, very sad news. I am quite shocked to be honest.
We were told he was alive out of the car and he was talking...what happened afterwards?
That's the most strange part. The comentators said on EuroSport that he is alive and talking to the doctors, then that the doctors at the hospital are reserved about his state and now this.
It was a pretty violent impact though...
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985