IndyCar Series

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Pierce89
93
User avatar
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Re: IndyCar Series

Post by Pierce89 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:33 pm

Lelo27 wrote:Hi guys, i've just registered at this website. I was searching some opinions between the Dallara IS03 and the actual DW12, and i found your discussion.
I learnt many things thank to you.
Before of all, sorry for my English, i'm italian, so i try to do my best. :D
Personally i loved and i still prefer the 2003-2011 cars, first of all for the estetic. Actual cars are fat and don't seem open wheel cars.
Then, races aren't much exciting now. Since 2013 they were, also with the new cars, but now there isn't much action, especially on street circuits (which now are too many, and me i even prefer them... But i would like an equilibre) and there aren't cautions too.
But i have to admit that now cars are safer, the rollabar is better. So, if this already makes them safer, why did they add all those estetic protections?
This is my opinion guys. I tank you another time because i learnt many things, such as that since 2007 there were Indycar and Champ car, while i always thought there was only Indy. I noticed only now that those cars have been used in Superleague formula then, and the first thing that i think when i see them is: "crash and debris" xD I didn't know they were so unsafe too.

Inviato in Controsterzo utilizzando Tapatalk
The only real similarity between Indycars and Super Formula is a Dallara chassis. Indycars uses a Honda or Chevy aero kit matched to the engines,while Super Formula also offers different engines but only with a common Dallara aero kit. Also, Super Formula is a bit lighter and less powerful and has slightly less downforce than Indycars road course kits. Also 2007 was the LAST year of of Champ car and Indycars not the first.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Lelo27
0
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:39 am

Re: RE: Re: IndyCar Series

Post by Lelo27 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:45 pm

Pierce89 wrote:
Lelo27 wrote:Hi guys, i've just registered at this website. I was searching some opinions between the Dallara IS03 and the actual DW12, and i found your discussion.
I learnt many things thank to you.
Before of all, sorry for my English, i'm italian, so i try to do my best. :D
Personally i loved and i still prefer the 2003-2011 cars, first of all for the estetic. Actual cars are fat and don't seem open wheel cars.
Then, races aren't much exciting now. Since 2013 they were, also with the new cars, but now there isn't much action, especially on street circuits (which now are too many, and me i even prefer them... But i would like an equilibre) and there aren't cautions too.
But i have to admit that now cars are safer, the rollabar is better. So, if this already makes them safer, why did they add all those estetic protections?
This is my opinion guys. I tank you another time because i learnt many things, such as that since 2007 there were Indycar and Champ car, while i always thought there was only Indy. I noticed only now that those cars have been used in Superleague formula then, and the first thing that i think when i see them is: "crash and debris" xD I didn't know they were so unsafe too.

Inviato in Controsterzo utilizzando Tapatalk
The only real similarity between Indycars and Super Formula is a Dallara chassis. Indycars uses a Honda or Chevy aero kit matched to the engines,while Super Formula also offers different engines but only with a common Dallara aero kit. Also, Super Formula is a bit lighter and less powerful and has slightly less downforce than Indycars road course kits. Also 2007 was the LAST year of of Champ car and Indycars not the first.
I didn't mean that Indycars used the same cars of Superleague. I ment that Champ cars have been used after in Superleague. For the second thing i said it wrongly, sorry, i'm not perfect with English.

Inviato in Controsterzo utilizzando Tapatalk

AMG.Tzan
8
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:35 am

Re: IndyCar Series

Post by AMG.Tzan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:18 pm

http://www.indycar.com/News/2017/03/03- ... ign-update
It's nice how people around the world realized that aesthetics play such a big role!! =D> Nicely done here by Indycar...I always wanted that old Champcar look without the air inlet above the driver's head!! :D

RicME85
58
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:11 pm
Location: Derby

Re: IndyCar Series

Post by RicME85 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:06 pm

Someone on Reddit has done a photoshop mockup of what it could look like

Image

toraabe
11
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:42 am

Re: RE: Re: IndyCar Series

Post by toraabe » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:19 pm

Lelo27 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:45 pm
Pierce89 wrote:
Lelo27 wrote:Hi guys, i've just registered at this website. I was searching some opinions between the Dallara IS03 and the actual DW12, and i found your discussion.
I learnt many things thank to you.
Before of all, sorry for my English, i'm italian, so i try to do my best. :D
Personally i loved and i still prefer the 2003-2011 cars, first of all for the estetic. Actual cars are fat and don't seem open wheel cars.
Then, races aren't much exciting now. Since 2013 they were, also with the new cars, but now there isn't much action, especially on street circuits (which now are too many, and me i even prefer them... But i would like an equilibre) and there aren't cautions too.
But i have to admit that now cars are safer, the rollabar is better. So, if this already makes them safer, why did they add all those estetic protections?
This is my opinion guys. I tank you another time because i learnt many things, such as that since 2007 there were Indycar and Champ car, while i always thought there was only Indy. I noticed only now that those cars have been used in Superleague formula then, and the first thing that i think when i see them is: "crash and debris" xD I didn't know they were so unsafe too.

Inviato in Controsterzo utilizzando Tapatalk
The only real similarity between Indycars and Super Formula is a Dallara chassis. Indycars uses a Honda or Chevy aero kit matched to the engines,while Super Formula also offers different engines but only with a common Dallara aero kit. Also, Super Formula is a bit lighter and less powerful and has slightly less downforce than Indycars road course kits. Also 2007 was the LAST year of of Champ car and Indycars not the first.
I didn't mean that Indycars used the same cars of Superleague. I ment that Champ cars have been used after in Superleague. For the second thing i said it wrongly, sorry, i'm not perfect with English.

Inviato in Controsterzo utilizzando Tapatalk
Indy cars also are ground effect cars. Because of this and that the diffusor angle is just an extension of the venturi tunnels, they can easily follow close in racing.

WaikeCU
66
User avatar
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: IndyCar Series

Post by WaikeCU » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:48 am

Quite exciting to see another F1 driver taking part in Indy 500. The following drivers are in it:

Fernando Alonso
Takuma Sato
Sebastien Bourdais
Max Chilton
Alexander Rossi
Juan Pablo Montoya
Creator / Artist of Magnified Official
Celebrating the greatest
FB: https://www.facebook.com/magnified.official
IG: https://www.instagram.com/magnified.official/

My latest work (in progress): https://www.behance.net/gallery/5516661 ... by-Sam-Siu

Chene_Mostert
19
User avatar
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: IndyCar Series

Post by Chene_Mostert » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:01 pm

WaikeCU wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:48 am
Quite exciting to see another F1 driver taking part in Indy 500. The following drivers are in it:

Fernando Alonso
Takuma Sato
Sebastien Bourdais
Max Chilton
Alexander Rossi
Juan Pablo Montoya
The Bingo club.
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

FW17
190
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 am

Re: IndyCar Series

Post by FW17 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:09 pm

Just hope Chilton does not give advise

Pierce89
93
User avatar
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Re: RE: Re: IndyCar Series

Post by Pierce89 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:40 pm

Lelo27 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:45 pm
Pierce89 wrote:
Lelo27 wrote:Hi guys, i've just registered at this website. I was searching some opinions between the Dallara IS03 and the actual DW12, and i found your discussion.
I learnt many things thank to you.
Before of all, sorry for my English, i'm italian, so i try to do my best. :D
Personally i loved and i still prefer the 2003-2011 cars, first of all for the estetic. Actual cars are fat and don't seem open wheel cars.
Then, races aren't much exciting now. Since 2013 they were, also with the new cars, but now there isn't much action, especially on street circuits (which now are too many, and me i even prefer them... But i would like an equilibre) and there aren't cautions too.
But i have to admit that now cars are safer, the rollabar is better. So, if this already makes them safer, why did they add all those estetic protections?
This is my opinion guys. I tank you another time because i learnt many things, such as that since 2007 there were Indycar and Champ car, while i always thought there was only Indy. I noticed only now that those cars have been used in Superleague formula then, and the first thing that i think when i see them is: "crash and debris" xD I didn't know they were so unsafe too.

Inviato in Controsterzo utilizzando Tapatalk
The only real similarity between Indycars and Super Formula is a Dallara chassis. Indycars uses a Honda or Chevy aero kit matched to the engines,while Super Formula also offers different engines but only with a common Dallara aero kit. Also, Super Formula is a bit lighter and less powerful and has slightly less downforce than Indycars road course kits. Also 2007 was the LAST year of of Champ car and Indycars not the first.
I didn't mean that Indycars used the same cars of Superleague. I ment that Champ cars have been used after in Superleague. For the second thing i said it wrongly, sorry, i'm not perfect with English.

Inviato in Controsterzo utilizzando Tapatalk
No Superleague used the dp09 and champvar used the dp01. There were significant differences.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

coaster
-7
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:10 am
Location: Footscray, Australia

Re: IndyCar Series

Post by coaster » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:23 am

Just reffering back to Alonso, will there be a speculation thread for the Andretti mclaren car?
I imagine the monocoque is a control item, so mclaren could only give an aero makeover perhaps?
I've heard media refer to this years f1 car running at indy, impossible yes?
I wish fonz the best as my happiest memories of f1 were his toucan coloured V10 cars.
V10 engines, manufacturer teams, 13 inch rims, this is the F1 I shall long remember.

hpras
20
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 5:15 am

Re: IndyCar Series

Post by hpras » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:45 am

They can paint it any colour they like. Other than that, they have to use all the controlled items which includes the manufacturers aerokit. The list of parts that are open for the teams to manufacture themselves is very small, everything else is sole supplier or pick from a small list.

coaster
-7
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:10 am
Location: Footscray, Australia

Re: IndyCar Series

Post by coaster » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:48 am

Macaw i meant sorry, not toucan.
V10 engines, manufacturer teams, 13 inch rims, this is the F1 I shall long remember.

dren
165
User avatar
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: IndyCar Series

Post by dren » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:10 pm

coaster wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:23 am
Just reffering back to Alonso, will there be a speculation thread for the Andretti mclaren car?
I imagine the monocoque is a control item, so mclaren could only give an aero makeover perhaps?
I've heard media refer to this years f1 car running at indy, impossible yes?
I wish fonz the best as my happiest memories of f1 were his toucan coloured V10 cars.
No, aero is frozen. Chevy cars have their own aero package, Honda cars their own. That's the only difference. The chassis are all the same otherwise.
Honda!

a1b2i3r45
5
User avatar
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:49 am

Re: IndyCar Series

Post by a1b2i3r45 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:09 pm

McLaren Returns To Indianapolis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-PL7jrLbFo

Samraj_official
6
User avatar
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:19 am
Location: chennai,INDIA

Re: IndyCar Series

Post by Samraj_official » Wed May 03, 2017 2:35 pm

Alonso indy debut live stream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXh9uxthFnk