Watkins Glenn Internationa.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Moxie

Watkins Glenn Internationa.

Last year I sought advice on the best place to set my tent at Canadian Tire/Mosport, and you guys really lead me in the right direction. Thank you all!!!

This year I will be attending the Tudor Series Six Hours at the Glenn. I have a sport tent, and am seeking your advice on the best place to set up for good viewing.

bdr529

Re: Watkins Glenn Internationa.

It's been quite some time since I'v been to The Glen, but I'm a big fan of "the boot" turns 6-7-8 good views from the hill side between 7-8 easy to get to the inside of the track from their, also it an easy walk to turns 9-10 and there is a shuttle that will take you over to the other side of the track.
like I said it's been a while for me, you could watch last years race on youtube to get a good look at some of the viewing area's

bw1235

Re: Watkins Glenn Internationa.

Never camped at the Glen since I live close enough to sleep in my own bed. But I've driven track days there and attended several races so can recommend a few good spots to view. For the 6hr race all of the grandstands are open so you can watch from anywhere. I'd think you'd be best off walking around and taking in a few different spots during the race.

The new grandstand added at T10 a few years back is my favorite. If you stand at the very top of the grandstand you can see a huge portion of the track- looking behind you can see the esses up the hill, the bus stop, T5 exit.

The other spot I like is at T2 on the outside of the track. Great view of T1 passing zone, and watching the cars zoom up the hill 2-3-4.

Taking a quick look at the camping maps, if it were me I'd camp in G1 and walk to some of the nearby viewing areas. Lot of great viewing around there, including the above mentioned 6-7-8. T6 is my favorite (to drive, not necessarily to watch :wink: )