IndyCar 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

Re: IndyCar 2015

sgth0mas wrote: Yes he does want to bring up american drivers.
Why is this considered important?

djos

Patriotism and all that flag waving b.s.
"In downforce we trust"

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

Cold Fussion wrote:
Youd have to ask him that question...i understand not wanting pay drivers...but i could care less about nationality.

wesley123
wesley123

Cold Fussion wrote:
Because the US crowd wants to see their drivers instead of the "imported" ones.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

wesley123 wrote:
Cold Fussion wrote:
Because the US crowd wants to see their drivers instead of the "imported" ones.
Not sure i know of any US fans who care...but i wasnt watching indy during that era so i cant say conclusively. Judging by the drop in viewership and still lacking ratings...id say thats an incorrect statement.

I will say that countries will rally behind a big name driver of their nationality...but that happens everywhere.

Scorpaguy

As a "Yank" that remembers all the way back to the front engine days...I'd say that driver nationality is more of a concern for sponsors than fans.

I have always seen fans rally behind great drivers with big personalities...Zanardi is a good case in point. AOWR is not the entertainment spectacle it once was..but it is getting better. F1 I fear is getting worse...sans a crash by Vers, Monaco would have been an absolute yawner.

Indycar needs more money and more Bernie. F1 needs much less of both!

wesley123
wesley123

sgth0mas wrote:
wesley123 wrote: Because the US crowd wants to see their drivers instead of the "imported" ones.
Not sure i know of any US fans who care...but i wasnt watching indy during that era so i cant say conclusively. Judging by the drop in viewership and still lacking ratings...id say thats an incorrect statement.

I will say that countries will rally behind a big name driver of their nationality...but that happens everywhere.
NASCAR.

Sombrero's link he posted on the previous page is such an incredibly great read on the US open wheel war and it's decline.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

wesley123 wrote:
sgth0mas wrote:
wesley123 wrote: Because the US crowd wants to see their drivers instead of the "imported" ones.

NASCAR.

Sombrero's link he posted on the previous page is such an incredibly great read on the US open wheel war and it's decline.
What do you mean about nascar?

Also...you do realize that you qouted me specifically referencing that article right?

bdr529

Very good race from Toronto, nice to see Newgarden take the win and a 1-2 for CFH racing is a big suprise

anyone see Enerson's Indy Lights crash from race one Saturday, it's a big one

Scorpaguy

....was that a replay from Vers at Monaco :?

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Is that where Krosnoff was killed?

countersteer
countersteer

Yes. I had a weird sense of deja vu watching that crash after what happened to Krosnoff.

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

Finally caught the toronto race. It is pretty awesome to see 10+ cars blasting out of the pits racing for position in pit lane and wheel to wheel passing in turns. Fun race.

Sombrero
Sombrero

What a race.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Awesome race !
The Honda engine seems to has the same amount of power than the Chevrolet, it depends of the aero kit I think now.
Too bad there is a crash who destroy the last lap.